Author Topic: Want to get more mileage on a charge?  (Read 2283 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Want to get more mileage on a charge?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 10:27:19 AM »
Alright Richard, you can't post a pic with a farkle in it and not get quizzed: where did you get that little compass mounted in the middle of your bars? It's too cute for me not to want one!

I bought that from Aerostitch.  They were selling the compass, a clock and a temperature gauge that all looked and mounted like that.  I bought the temp gauge (mounted on my Triumph) and the compass (I get lost while riding) because they were cheap and didn't require batteries to be replaced.  I skipped the clock.  I haven't checked if they are still selling these items as some of their gadgets seem to come and go in their catalog. 
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Want to get more mileage on a charge?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »
Well... in the "better late than never" category... we are now awaiting our production samples of the Brammo designed windscreen, which I'm excited about.  I'll try to break the photos here, although most of you won't care since you've had to buy an aftermarket screen...

Still interested :) 

Did 100 miles on Saturday (with a stop for some charging and lunch) and the windshield would have been nice to increase my range. An added approx 10% would have been grand as I limped home on "0"...I shouldn't have been racing that BMW 1100 as going 85 in a 55 mph zone is both not legal, and burns through the battery faster than I planned...at least I know I can go a mile or more on 0, but I don't like pushing it like that.

G
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:46:53 PM by Gavin »