Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Mods

fan conversion

<< < (2/6) > >>

kingcharles:
Charging at a slower rate would reduce the heat production. Is this possible with the charger software?
If the fans are temperature controlled (?) they will slow down due to the lower heat production.
Another option to maintain airflow is to use a larger fan spinning at a lower rpm. You could use an adapter to fit it to the bike just like you would fit an oversized fan on a CPU cooler.

Once you go EV, gas is history!

Auslander:
Not sure a slower rate would help.  My Enertia+ has a problem right now, after 22-25 minutes, it drops from charging at 8-9A  to 3, then 1.   The fan stays on the entire time, even at a 1A (20 hour long) charge cycle.  If I leave it plugged in after 100% to allow the batteries to balance, the fan still blows.  If that isn't by-design then your idea may work, but if the behaviour of the fan on mine is correct, then my bike is pretty decent evidence that a reallllly slow charge rate still has the fan blowing.

skuzzle:
Any chance that some cooling fins are blocked or covered with mud?  The air inlet for the charger on my Empulse is located directly above the rear wheel.  Mud flys right into it.  (I live in rainy Oregon on a dirt road).

Knipdlo:
Just came in from replacing my fans with these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352003

Seemed to be one of the highest CFM/lowest dB at 20CFM/17dB

They're silent.. under the sounds of cars passing on the other side of my house. I had to put my ear to the side of the "tank" plastic to hear the humming. Installed them backwards the first time (sucking vs blowing) they go opposite from the originals (blade faces up) but so far they seem good. Obviously don't move as much air as the high CFM Deltas that it came with, but now I could park it in my living room and not hear it in the kitchen.

I do most of my charging at night since I'm driving it to work every day, its usually in the 60Fs here, so I'm hoping the charge controller will stay at safe temps.

Good luck!

Auslander:

--- Quote from: Knipdlo on June 05, 2014, 02:11:00 AM ---Just came in from replacing my fans with these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352003

Seemed to be one of the highest CFM/lowest dB at 20CFM/17dB

--- End quote ---

I haven't looked under the top panel on mine yet, but looking at Gerhard's original pictures... did you use a pair of these, or just one?

Also, some fans somewhere on the side, have two arrows, one showing the direction of spin, the other the direction of airflow, just for anyone installing other fans in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version