The Brammo Buying Experience > Taxes, Incentives, Advantages

Federal EV rebates for 2014

(1/4) > >>

Richard230:
According to an AP article printed in my newspaper today the Senate has opened debate on a tax bill that would roll over most current IRS deductions, including the ones for electric vehicle rebates.  Unfortunately, things are not as positive in the House, where different ideas for various deductions and other tax breaks that expired last year are spinning around while its members try to figure out what will get them the most votes - or money. 

roma258:
The latest. Sounds like shenanigans to me. They extended a bunch of credits, but "forgot" the ebike credit. Right...

--- Quote ---As the House prepared to vote on a bill to extend dozens of tax credits for 2014, one missing credit raised eyebrows.

The omitted break for electric motorcycles would have benefited manufacturers like Brammo Inc., a company based in Ashland, Ore., the home state of Senate Finance Chairman Ron Wyden, CQ Roll Call’s Alan Ota reported (subscription).

House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., said the omission was accidental, the result of late scrambling to put together a new package. It was not, he said, a jab at Wyden for not backing an earlier deal that House Republicans tried to build with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, Ota reported.

“It was an oversight. We can’t get the score and everything together,” Camp said. “You can’t just turn on a dime.”
--- End quote ---
http://blogs.rollcall.com/energy-xtra/camp-extenders-e-bike-omission-not-a-jab/?dcz=

littlefreak3000:
Last I checked there was never a federal ruling for motorcycle specifically. It just sums up EVs and motorcycles count as EVs. I could be wrong tho.

Richard230:
I have applied three times over the past five years and have received the Federal tax "rebate" each time.  There is an IRS form just for new production street-legal electric motorcycles and it is already primed with the brand, model and VIN.  When you type your bike's information and purchase price into the IRS form, it will accept your application and allow you to complete the form, resulting in a 10% "rebate" off of your tax return payment.  The maximum amount that will be rebated is $2,500.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rebate will somehow be included in the budget bill, but I am not going to hold my breath until that happens.   ::)

roma258:

--- Quote from: Richard230 on December 08, 2014, 05:38:13 PM ---I have applied three times over the past five years and have received the Federal tax "rebate" each time.  There is an IRS form just for new production street-legal electric motorcycles and it is already primed with the brand, model and VIN.  When you type your bike's information and purchase price into the IRS form, it will accept your application and allow you to complete the form, resulting in a 10% "rebate" off of your tax return payment.  The maximum amount that will be rebated is $2,500.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rebate will somehow be included in the budget bill, but I am not going to hold my breath until that happens.   ::)

--- End quote ---
Damn, you must cycle through e-bikes the way I cycle through...um, regular bikes. Here's hoping...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version