Author Topic: My bike has a licence plate!  (Read 2941 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: My bike has a licence plate!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »
I had a look at the charge profile after charging the bike to 100% at home.

At the end of the charge you clearly see the charger throttling back from 3kw to around 1,5kw in the last 20 minutes.

Please note that the graph is showing the total household consumption.

Once you go EV, gas is history!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
Time for some updates on my Empulse E1 experience:

The ride is awesome, better than expected and closer to the 2013 R version I tested once so the less adjustable suspension is certainly not under engineered. The chassis is rock solid, and takes the many Dutch speed bumps well.

Riding to work is more fun than ever before and range anxiety is a thing of the past. Charging is really fast compared to my previous ride too so I can really use the Empulse a lot more!

Maybe a strange observation for some but important for me is that lane splitting is super with the Empulse because it is so narrow and quick. The mirrors are narrow too which means I need to make an effort to look behind me.

The brakes still need getting used to because they are WAY stronger than my previous ride and in surprise situations I had my private parts hitting the tank already :o. Good thing it is not winter time because on slippery roads I would probably have gone down once already.

Only real disadvantages of the bike are due to its charging habits (lights on and loud fans). I am hoping a firmware update can help with this...

Shortly after I took the below picture my odo reached 1000km!

Entering Sport mode :P

The Dutch importer is now selling the correct gearbox oil and I immediately ordered some because I spent last Saturday riding around to find 10W30 synthetic oil and nowhere could they sell me a bottle! Amsoil is not sold in the Netherlands by the way, and probably not in most parts of Europe either.
So be warned and order timely online!

I also adjusted the chain because it was a bit loose and hitting the swingarm where it pivots.

In the morning I usually get the cold battery warning because my bike is parked outside and it is around 12 Celsius at night. I expected it to only do that below freezing but apparently the cells need to stay nice and warm.

Now all I need is for the Netherlands to win the world cup and life will be perfect 8)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:32:31 PM by kingcharles »

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
Great pics!  Sounds like you're having a blast!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »
Beautiful...have fun.

Gavin

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
Exactly 4 weeks after receiving my bike I arrived home with this on the odometer. 1600 kilometers = 1000 miles.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
Now that the soccer worldcup is over (no more orange things needed to dangle at the back) I removed the metal bits that were visible from the license plate holder. Much cleaner look.
It took only a few minutes with an electric saw and I didn't even take the holder off the bike!

Before: see a few posts above. After:

I also removed the orange reflectors from the front fork as they are not mandatory in the Netherlands.
You can see the whole side of the bike is much cleaner without them. The black forks work great now to give my Empulse an all black look.

This picture was taken at an "All American Day" today where I had to show the "build in USA" sticker to get entrance to the event 8) (thanks Brammo for adding it on the bike)

My Empulse attracted lots of people and everyone wanted to know at least 2 things: question number 1: how far does it go, 2 how long to charge....
But many also asked me if it was quick as they heard about the Tesla performance.

Anyway: 95% of the bikes were Harley Davidson, 5% Buell and one Brammo ;)

I took my daughter with me and we had a great time looking at all the (classic) cars, trikes and bikes off course.

Below a picture of the event layout

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 07:32:18 AM »
Indeed a clean look! With four blind rivets you won't loose the license plate. Oh, where is the promo license plate holder?  :o

Next week we'll go to Italy for a holiday. I also got an invitation from Tacita Motorcycles to ride a T-Race near Pisa!
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 12:07:37 PM »

Maybe a strange observation for some but important for me is that lane splitting is super with the Empulse because it is so narrow and quick. The mirrors are narrow too which means I need to make an effort to look behind me.

I lane split for a living.  Well, not really, but it certainly feels that way.  I would contend that if a team of engineers set out to devise the best lane splitting vehicle possible, the Empulse would be the result. 

Found that the stock mirrors were at just the wrong level for avoiding car mirrors, so CRGs went on as soon as possible.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
No problems with car mirrors, maybe US vs EU car design?

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 04:23:25 PM »
A little update on my bike after almost 1 year (9 days to go :D) :

ODO: 10750 kilometre

Problems so far:
  • gear lever bolts came loose. Re-torqued them and applied loctite. No problem since.

Regular maintenance:
  • 1x Rear tyre (Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 again for the wet performance)
  • 3x Oil change
  • 1x brake fluid change (cap of the rear brake fluid reservoir was not airtight closed at delivery)
  • Firmware upgrade to 2.07 (done by Dutch importer)

Mods:
  • Installed USB charger

• Installed LED indicator lights and relay
  • Installed Frame sliders

• Installed bobbins

• Installed adjustable brake and clutch levers

To do:
  • hazard lights
  • Chademo charging capability
  • larger rear sprocket
  • Save $$$ for the Energica...

Still having a great time on the bike and after the top case was installed it is truly the perfect commuter bike!

Sabinn

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 04:34:14 AM »
    • Installed USB charger

My man... more details on this please![/list]