Author Topic: My Dreams Come True? A Production Electric Harley?(photos and article links inc)  (Read 10327 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Dang, that Harley is so awful it did the impossible...it made Scarlett Johansen look bad :)

G

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lol forget the ugly stunt double(Scarlett Johansson is pregnant or something according to one of the articles)

That bike is gorgeous!!!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
I like it.

Interesting that it is a one-seater. Also, the motor housing (if that's what it is), seems to be on the wrong axis.

BTW - I'm making the same comments on a similar thread over at electricmotorcycleforum.com so please excuse the duplication.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
We will have to wait and see if any more info comes out. If this is indeed a spy photo of an actual production electric Harley than my guess is they won't release any info untill it can coincide with the release if the Avengers movie. Scarlett Johansson would surely make a wonderful advertising model for the bike :0)

If it is just a one off movie bike with a Harley sticker on it than I would still like to know more about it and the company who made it.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Not sure exactly why I dislike it. Single seat. Necessarily low. Frivolous sweeping metal bits. Single front  brake hinting that bike isn't made to go too fast.

But I do hope it is a real bike. More electrics is good.

I keep thinking, after Mugen killed at the TT using Mission Motor parts, that Honda will be next big boy to enter electric bikes...after buying Mission...but Honda is a slow to act company...so who knows.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Belt drive...it would be quiet, unless Harley added a sound maker to keep with the "loud pipes" motto

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Of all companies, I think most would agree that Harley coming out with a production electric is the most unlikely. They are however making strides into territories some thought they never would have. The earliest example of this was the liquid cooled VROD and now based on that general design the Street models. Who knows what is being discussed in their board meetings, it is all speculation.

What can be guaranteed is that every vehicle company better begin to understand that electric vehicles are the future. There is no question in my opinion that, though it may take quite a while, fully electric vehicles will completely replace ICE vehicles. A company like Harley that has been around for over a hundred years has lasted so long for a reason. Of course an electric bike will turn off many of their hardcore die hard riders but lifelong Harley loyalists like my self and my father (who has been riding Harley's for over 40 years) actually love electric vehicles and we are not the only ones.

If Harley is making an electric it will surely have a certain look and feel that will be all "Harley" even though it is electric. Maybe it is just the shock and surprise of it all that will make people take a step back and say wow, Harley made and electric, let me check this out.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
I want those mirrors.  They're like my R1200RT mirrors - look over the handlebars at them, but their line of site goes under my hands/arms for a clear view aft - without sticking out from the ends of the handlebars.  From the side view on this bike it looks like they might be slightly different - look under the hands instead of over, but still, the view down there has a lot less shoulder/elbow padding to contend with and the overall width stays compact...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Totally off topic here, but do you think the rider is male or female?

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lol that's a good question. That is clearly a wig but also looks loke it could be a helmet under the hair as well. The custume could easily have female anatomy sewn in so the rider resembles Black Widow in far shots. Really not sure

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
I think I like it! This bike would be perfect for the wife IF the power was something between the Enertia+ and the Empulse. (IF)A shorter seat height then either bike so her short legs could reach the ground almost flat footed. (IF)A range equal to my Empulse R and a top speed high enough to get out of her own way on the interstate. (IF)Also J1772 L2 charging capabilities...

Of all companies, I think most would agree that Harley coming out with a production electric is the most unlikely. They are however making strides into territories some thought they never would have. The earliest example of this was the liquid cooled VROD and now based on that general design the Street models. Who knows what is being discussed in their board meetings, it is all speculation.

Speculation is what we do best here! It's practically a favorite past time.
Being we speculating, I would speculate that the drivetrain, battery, on board charger, etc. is not Harley. So who supplied it? What's the specs? The new 750 that's coming out this year is roughly 53hp and 40 ft lbs of torque.

That sounds good enough for an electric bike.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:40:55 PM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
They are however making strides into territories some thought they never would have..

Yes, but then you also have to consider the acquisition and abandonment of Buell. :(

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
The height would make it a good short person electric ride...components could be sourced from Brammo or Zero

G
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:24:48 AM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog

Well well well...HD wasn't the first company I thought would jump on the early bird electric train....

But good for them...

G