Author Topic: Ted reviews the ride  (Read 953 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ted reviews the ride
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:56:13 AM »
I wish this guy would just break down and join the forum here.  He would  be a valuable contributor, as evidenced by his latest installment in his Brammo vs Zero series: Brammo Enertia vs. Zero S- Part 4: The Ride-(Enertia).

Be sure to give the whole thing a read.  He gives a fair review of the "raves and rants" he has for the Enertia, including this:
I’m a little disappointed to say the acceleration of the bike can only be described as “tempered”- and that’s generous.  You’re not going to do any hole-shots or wheelies with this bike- I couldn’t even get the rear wheel to patch out in the dirt.  Even compared to my AGM-powered $1800 home build, it’s not too impressive.
You have to guess that, based on what I know that motor can do, and what those batteries can put out, the controller has been restricted to keep people from hurting themselves and to keep the battery drain down and the range up.

and this:
What’s one thing you’re going to have to do to an electric bike virtually every day you ride it?  Almost once an hour, for that matter?  You got it- recharge the thing.  The recharge process on this bike had to have been designed by a lawyer.
LOL... I left a comment about my solution to that process -- leaving the cord end sticking out from under the seat.  He ended up using bungee cords to strap it to the back shelf.

Ted!  Come and join us!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ted reviews the ride
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
I have e-mailed Ted a few times and I have offered to let him test out my Enertia. He works a couple of towns over from me. I'll invite him to join the forum. I think it is just a matter of time.

I am fairly certain that he pre-ordered an Empulse.