Author Topic: CompetitionWerks Tail + Signals  (Read 656 times)

barboo

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
CompetitionWerks Tail + Signals
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
Hi all,
Sharing a couple of recent pix. I've converted my Empulse R back to street duty after having it in track mode the past couple of months. I'll be converting it back to track in Sept/Oct. While doing that I went ahead and got a CompetitionWerkes Tail (http://www.competitionwerkes.com/). I liked the signals they used for the tail + the price was right (~$25 w/ shipping) so I got an extra set for the front. I picked smoked, to match the rear. CompetitionWerkes doesn't have the Brammo on their website, so you'll need to call in the order. They're familiar with it and it ships out quick.

The signals can be found here: http://www.competitionwerkes.com/UniversalProducts/Lighting/universal-short-stock-turn-signal

1) Pic of the front with signal.

2) Old school (73 CL350) and the future.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:19:55 AM by barboo »
1973 Honda CL350 (For Fun)
1999 BMW K1200RS (Daily ride)
2007 Aprilia Tuono R (Street)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Wife's Track)
2012 BMW S1000RR (Race / Track)
2013 Brammo Empulse R (Race / Track / Street)

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CompetitionWerks Tail + Signals
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
How was the installation?  Any tricky electrical stuff involved? (for me, all electrical work is tricky)

That's certainly a nice price.  A tidy tail always seems to say "I'm not just a consumer, I'm a rider!"

edit: I'm guessing $25 for the signals, not the whole tail tidy kit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:52:07 AM by Adan »

barboo

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CompetitionWerks Tail + Signals
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:58:58 PM »
How was the installation?  Any tricky electrical stuff involved? (for me, all electrical work is tricky)

That's certainly a nice price.  A tidy tail always seems to say "I'm not just a consumer, I'm a rider!"

edit: I'm guessing $25 for the signals, not the whole tail tidy kit.
Super easy....they have step by step instructions. I took my time and it took me about 15 minutes. They use those clips for their signals that patch into the OEMs. You don't need to cut wires.

I'm trying to remember...it was around $150-160 for the tail, signals, and shipping.

The known downsides:
1) From what I understand you won't be able to use the Givi cases with it. I'm not using those so it's not an issue for me.
2) You won't be able to use the carbon tail light cover. I put mine in storage with the OEM tail for safe keeping.
1973 Honda CL350 (For Fun)
1999 BMW K1200RS (Daily ride)
2007 Aprilia Tuono R (Street)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Wife's Track)
2012 BMW S1000RR (Race / Track)
2013 Brammo Empulse R (Race / Track / Street)