Author Topic: Winter Storage  (Read 1963 times)

theoplus

• View Profile
    • Email
Winter Storage
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
It is a little early but weather reports indicate that Winter has arrived in the North East. It is expected to be in the mid-20's tonight and we have already had some accumulation of the white stuff! Unless there is a break in temps, I might not have another opportunity to ride till March.
I have read the Enertia owners manual and followed the Winter Storage guide lines (SoC @ 50-70 percent). The bike is stored in my garage (unheated).
Are there any other recommendations worth considering? Should I cover the Enertia with a blanket or place a small heater nearby?
Thanks, Theoplus

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Winter Storage
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
My garage is also unheated. I leave the bike plugged in and about every two weeks, I top off the charge and leave it on for a day. It's been fine since 2010. Plus, you can always hop on for a ride whenever the weather breaks. I've had some great January and February rides that way.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

theoplus

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Winter Storage
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Thank you, Brammofan, I appreciate the input from a 'seasoned' rider.  Re-reading your response, I'm a little confused -you leave the bike plugged in (24/7?), and then about every two weeks, top off the charge?

I am certainly up for a ride anytime there is a break in the cold weather so I would love to have the bike ready on a moments notice whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Winter Storage
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »
Thank you, Brammofan, I appreciate the input from a 'seasoned' rider.  Re-reading your response, I'm a little confused -you leave the bike plugged in (24/7?), and then about every two weeks, top off the charge?

I am certainly up for a ride anytime there is a break in the cold weather so I would love to have the bike ready on a moments notice whenever an opportunity presents itself.
Yes, I leave it plugged in 24/7. I think I recall discussion about a low level battery heater that runs while it is plugged in.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki