Author Topic: Micro windshield?  (Read 3905 times)

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
Micro windshield?
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a small fairing for the E+?  I don't want something big, airblast mid-chest is fine, as I'm used to riding semi- or fully naked bikes; just looking to streamline the bike and make it a wee bit slippery, and possibly deflect some cold in the process.

Fun aside: On a few mornings I've gotten the "cold battery" warning about reduced motor output, but today I saw one that actually notified me that regen was disabled as well.  That was a first.  Internal temp was down to 54*F, not sure what ambient was, but it couldn't have been too bad, as I hate cold and I only had a short sleeve shirt on under my Aerostich.  (Aerostich... possibly the most overbuilt thing to wear on an Enertia!)

Anyway, if anyone has links to small fairings that would work on the E+, I'd much appreciate them!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Micro windshield?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
(Aerostich... possibly the most overbuilt thing to wear on an Enertia!)

I got made fun of for wearing full leathers on a TMAX scooter, but hey,  bike or scoot, the asphalt hurts the same!

(Sorry, I know nothing about small screens.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:26:36 PM by Shinysideup »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
Hi,

I am using the RNB windscreen from MRA at the moment. I like it because you can aim the airflow the way you want. At the moment I have it aimed at the top of my shoulders.
It is not too big and I like how it looks on my bike.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-racingscreen-style-rnb-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

Once you go EV, gas is history!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 06:29:34 PM »
I too have an MRA (different model WNB with a spoiler) and they make good stuff.

If you like their style, and if you are comfortable working with plastics, you could always cut one down to the size you prefer.

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »
Thanks, both!  I'll look in to them shortly, life shifted on me and I've got a lot up the air now that I didn't have a few weeks ago.  I am OK cutting plastic, I used to work with both acrylic and polycarbonate at one of my old jobs, both drilling (regular bits & hole saws) and using a table saw and scroll saw, the latter of which I was OK even cutting curves and circles out of the middle of sheets.

grayghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 09:21:42 AM »
I also have thr MRA and am very happy with it. I might get a larger one to make a comparison, but I have had the bike over 90mph with this one with no problem.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Micro windshield?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
Which mra is that? I don't like the wings on the rnb

grayghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 08:01:02 AM »
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-speedscreen-style-sps-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

Here is a link to the page were I got mine. There are other styles shown also. The windscreen was $99.99 plus the mounting kit
for another $48 bucks.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Micro windshield?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Nice. Can you take a pic of the front and how it fits with the headlight?

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:19 AM »
I like this size and style for the Enertia or Empulse.

2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »
So is there a recommended on that fits the classic?