Author Topic: Brammo eCruiser, ENT Scooter!!  (Read 1396 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo eCruiser, ENT Scooter!!
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »
And... Boom goes the dynamite:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/brammo-ecruiser-ent-engage-spied/

The eCruiser looks pretty sweet, but Im holding out for the RR.

The "Ent" should sell like gangbusters in Europe and Asia if price appropriately.

Very exciting stuff!

Edit: Looks like Ted picked up the story yesterday:

http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/brammo-ecruiser-ent-scooter-thing-wuuuut/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:25:24 PM by EmpulseRider »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo eCruiser, ENT Scooter!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »
I have always thought that an electric cruiser made sense, provided one can get around the need of some customers to make loud noises.  It provides more room for packaging components and offers the designer more flexibility in the design of the vehicle.

On the other hand, I am not so sure about the little scooter.  It kind of reminds me too much of the electric moped-style bikes currently on the market.  To me, more of a traditional scooter design, might be the way to go.  Something about the size and shape of a Vespa, instead of a maxi-scooter like BMW makes (or the poor defunct Vectrix).
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
I always thought the functional point of a cruiser was to put your legs in a more comfortable extended position for long rides.  Which is not really an issue with ebikes.  But of course there many folks who buy cruisers are getting them just because they like the idea and the image.  Trying to tap into that market might make good business sense.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
Brammo could build a large cruiser bike with 200+ miles of highway range, if they chose .. similar to the Brutus V9. The eCRUISER looks like a design sketch, and the body looks similar in size to the Empulse.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:30 PM »
And certain cruiser formats are popular with shorter riders who like to flat foot at lights.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »
Not a cruiser fan...

But a Vespa 496 EV clone would be nice....

That is a work of art...

But I really want Brammo to make a touring bike...a touring clone of a cam spyder would be nice as you could stuff that puppy with a nice electric skateboard...keep the cog low and have the whole bottom be batteries like the tesla.

G