Author Topic: Brammo End of Summer sale -  (Read 5369 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo End of Summer sale -
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »
The speculation continues:  http://insideevs.com/brammo-fire-sale-story-behind-story/

While I appreciate Polaris's marketing capabilities, I don't hold them in very high regard when it comes to products. They just don't make very good products when compared to others in their segments. But don't tell that to any Polaris true believer. The article points towards Brammo focusing on supplying parts, and Polaris is the obvious partner. Of course I think Polaris's investment into Brammo was a wise one, in any case.

I am definitely torn on the speculations in the article. I really, really want Brammo to continue producing their own motorcycles. IMO, electric motorcycles are inevitable. The question is whether the company can hold on and maintain marketshare long enough to still be there when the market blows up. Zero is coming up with pretty good products - which is why you have purchased two, I'm sure! I hope Zero isn't scaring Brammo out of the market. I don't want Brammo to go the supplier route like Mission.

Craig obviously has business savvy. The quick dollar is to become a supplier. I hope the long term vision of owning the electric motorcycle industry is still clear in everyone's mind in Talent. Please don't sell out to Polaris!
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
My thought is that there is a good chance that Brammo motorcycles will be sold by Polaris dealers next year, perhaps with a modified brand name.  This would explain the interest in clearing out the pipeline this year.  I could see Polaris taking over the marketing and manufacturing of Brammo motorcycles, with Brammo doing the R&D and producing the batteries for them. It makes (business) sense to me. With Polaris's deep pockets and stature in the market, they could likely easily negotiate for lower component prices and be able to drop the prices of future models by thousands of dollars.   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »
My guess is that the next bike will not have a gearbox.  Perhaps some RR type version.  It would be hard to move the old models if none of the new Brammo bike line up used a gearbox.  No gearbox might allow the service interval to be increased to 7.5K or more, which is a good thing when you only have 13 U.S. dealers (per Brammo website).  Maybe add wireless firmware update; iphone interface; 6K charger; ABS  :).

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 06:21:20 AM »
I had a look at the exhibitors list of the Intermot tradeshow and Brammo is listed.
Maybe they will introduce the 2015 model line there?
Intermot is from 1-5 October
I will be there on the 4th
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Did anyone happen to notice this press release quote from Polaris in the article that I referenced yesterday:

Under Homan’s leadership, the Global Adjacent Markets business will have responsibility for all Small Vehicles product lines, including GEM, Goupil, Aixam/Mega and Brammo, as well as all commercial, Brutus, government and B2B applications of Off-Road Vehicles (ORV), Snow and Motorcycles outside Polaris’ traditional dealer channels. Homan’s team will also have responsibility for all merger and acquisition activity related to adjacent markets. Polaris’ Defense product line will report financial results through the Global Adjacent Markets business, but continue to operate as a separate business line.

And now we have this report that states (or surmises, it is becoming hard to know what is fact and what is speculation, anymore) that Brammo is dumping product this year in order to improve their sales numbers prior to an IPO next year: 

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1094120_brammo-electric-motorcycle-prices-cut-by-5000-to-7000 

My vote is that Polaris will take over the manufacture, marketing and sales of Brammo electric motorcycles and the Brammo company will become the R&D consultant to Polaris and other EV firms, while Craig goes off in a corner of Brammo to develop a new electric sports car.

I am not buying the IPO idea.  I just don't think it will sell on the stock market right now.  ???  But then what do I know?  I get most of my information from watching TV news and reading my local newspaper.   :o

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »
So they are clearing inventory by selling at a huge discount, but that raises the question... Are they still manufacturing 2014 Empulse / Enertia? If a dealer sells out of 2014s, can they order more from Brammo or is Brammo retooling for 2015 models?

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 04:52:12 PM »
I haven't a clue about Brammo, but Zero tends to close down their assembly line around now and starts spending a lot of time fooling around with the 2015 prototype bikes to see how they work before ordering the parts that they need for next year's models.  This of course assumes that sales have slowed down (very likely) and dealers are no longer ordering bikes due to the approaching winter season.  Or that some "sugar daddy" hasn't ordered a big batch of bikes like Bogota did (a 100-bike sale) at the end of the 2012 model year.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 06:18:48 PM »
Did anyone happen to notice this press release quote from Polaris in the article that I referenced yesterday:

Under Homan’s leadership, the Global Adjacent Markets business will have responsibility for all Small Vehicles product lines, including GEM, Goupil, Aixam/Mega and Brammo, as well as all commercial, Brutus, government and B2B applications of Off-Road Vehicles (ORV), Snow and Motorcycles outside Polaris’ traditional dealer channels. Homan’s team will also have responsibility for all merger and acquisition activity related to adjacent markets. Polaris’ Defense product line will report financial results through the Global Adjacent Markets business, but continue to operate as a separate business line.

And now we have this report that states (or surmises, it is becoming hard to know what is fact and what is speculation, anymore) that Brammo is dumping product this year in order to improve their sales numbers prior to an IPO next year: 

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1094120_brammo-electric-motorcycle-prices-cut-by-5000-to-7000 

My vote is that Polaris will take over the manufacture, marketing and sales of Brammo electric motorcycles and the Brammo company will become the R&D consultant to Polaris and other EV firms, while Craig goes off in a corner of Brammo to develop a new electric sports car.

I am not buying the IPO idea.  I just don't think it will sell on the stock market right now.  ???  But then what do I know?  I get most of my information from watching TV news and reading my local newspaper.   :o

Hmm, well a story I heard when Brammo and Polaris first put their deal together was that Polaris wanted to buy Brammo out right, but Brammo wouldn't sell. I am wondering if that language is a reflection of the past or sign for the future.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »
Yeah, that Green Car reports article makes sense. I know they had been planning to go public sometime soon. It's also pretty obvious the writer has been reading his thread.

That whole thing does put a hole in my "way better bike next year" theory. If they are simply trying to pump numbers to sell stock to raise money to develop newer bikes then maybe the 2015 Brammo's will be just like the 2014's. Simple improvements that don't agitate the owners of the previous model year.

Or, if I make up a silver lining maybe the IPO will co-inside with the release of a new badass model, so twice the reason to sell off the leftover stock at cost. Hey, it could happen. ;)

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo End of Summer sale -
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »
Btw, the author of the GreenCarReports article does read these threads, but got his information from a source who is close to the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »
Wasn't suggesting otherwise.

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »
No offense taken, just clarifying.   :)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »
The Dutch importer has the discounted Empulse E1 as 'Sold Out' (Uitverkocht) on his website.
Seems that stock is running out!
www.electricmotorcycles.nl/producten/5/brammo-empulse-introductiekorting-kopen

Hurry up and get yourself an Empulse R while you still can!!!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
Hurry up and get yourself an Empulse R while you still can!!!

A beautiful black Empulse R was sold at HD Downtown in Duiven Holland yesterday:

Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric