Author Topic: Riding beyond maintenance schedule...how dangerous?  (Read 1588 times)

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
Re: Riding beyond maintenance schedule...how dangerous?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 04:36:10 PM »
Has your bike had any oil changes yet?

Yes, the 600-mile oil-change (that was actually performed at 970 miles.  It is possible that it was overfilled.  The work was performed by a Ducati shop because I was impatient to attend an event that was scheduled during a week that my dealership was closed.  At least they took the time to obtain the correct oil.

I've only recently crossed 1,100 miles, so I have a ways to go before needing the next oil change.  Maybe I'll have enough oil to let me procrastinate.  :)
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »
I had the same issues, which became apparent when ambient temps started getting cold and viscosity went up. My problem was also reported back to me that the bike was overfilled even though I filled until it started coming out the check hole with the bike on the side stand. With these bikes it is better to be under filled than over filled. Only put in a quart, and fill to the check whole with the bike on a center stand.

Good luck!
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »
Thanks!  I'm taking the bike into the dealer tomorrow.  Brammo suspects that the oil was overfilled, but want the dealership to take a detailed look at it to see if anything else is the matter.

I appreciate your input!

BTW, I'm not noticing any other problems with the bike.  It's still riding just fine.  I'm actually trying some hard acceleration and sport mode now after a thousand miles of normal mode.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:56:47 PM by MichaelJ »
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T