Author Topic: A new Brammo news article  (Read 1313 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
A new Brammo news article
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
Check out this news article:  http://www.dailytidings.com/article/20140827/NEWS/140829737

It looks like the manufacturing of the Enertia in Europe didn't work out and the assembly of that model is being returned to Oregon. Also, Brammo is getting into a lot of other projects, including making their own batteries and supplying EV parts and technology to other companies and manufacturers, not the least of which is Polaris: 
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-utv/ranger-ev-avalanche-gray

Perhaps all of this activity has something to do with the big price reductions announced earlier this week?   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A new Brammo news article
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »
Whoa! There are a lot of implications there. I have heard Brammo suggest they have a superior battery tech a few times, maybe more, but I am really excited for them if they are pulling off what this article says they are.

So they started off selling motorcycles and are now supplying companies with drivetrains. Most companies, like MotoCzysz for example, have tried it the other way round. Funny thing is it seems this fell more into their laps than any grand scheme. Makes me feel confident Brammo's not giving up on their racing anytime soon, as it seems the marketing is paying off.

But relating this to the sale. The sale feels like more of a clearance sale to me. Yes they and their dealers need to get rid of inventory, and this helps that. But with Hollywood Electrics coming back on board as dealer and them clearly trying to move a lot of bikes, it seems inevitable that something bike is coming down the line, and it doesn't sound like a factory closing. I had given up on a street version of the RR coming out next year, last year. Just a vibe. Maybe it is coming but if that were the case, and the Empulse was going to stay as is, then wouldn't Brammo have both Shane and Eric racing the RR against gas bikes? Instead Eric is putting an awful lot of time on the Empulse TTX. And my gut says it's R&D time. Lets face it, Shane is the faster of the two on the RR, so he may very well be the man to keep on the big bike both for slaying gas bikes and for forwarding the development of the RR and hence future bikes. But Eric is responsible for most of the input for R&D, and if they were going to go ganbusters on a new Liter-slayer, I suspect he'd be on the RR still. Instead he's been working the TTX over this season.

So here's my prediction, an all new Empulse for 2015 with new batteries, more range, and if Parker has any say more power, a slightly lower price, and no more thermal cutback after a few laps on the track. I don't thik this will be an RR for the road, just an eveolution of the current bike. The price break is so that you're not all pissed off when the new bike comes out because the new bike won't be that much cheaper than the current MSRPs. You will still be content because you got such a deal. I think what we are looking at is a bike that will immediately devalue the current bike, like with the early iPhones when the next gen came out. Now a days the last gen holds some value for a while. Oh, and Brammo still won't have the bike ready to deliver as soon as Zero does. Sorry guys. ;)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
I am not quite sure what to make of all this.  Is a new improved bike that has more than $5000 in value over the 2014 models (keeping in mind that the Enertia Plus is also being discounted) going to be introduced?  Or is something else going on?  I am kind of holding my breath to see what Brammo will announce after the sale expires at the end of October.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
The day a new bike from Brammo is better, and cheaper, than a Ducati — and it’s coming —

Whoa...combine that with the news that Shane Turpin beat a Ducati 1099 at Miller and the EV future could be here soon....

G

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
I think with the bit in the article about making batteries in house, I got a little carried away or side tracked. I was thinking cells, not batteries. They have been making their own batteries since about day one with the TTR. But clearly there's some secret sauce going in in those packs if other people want them in their stuff, or have Brammo design ones for them.

Yeah Richard, I'm being a bit optimistic. But why else would Hollywood Electrics come back? Just to take advantage of the fire sale to help expand their business?

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
I find the article very encouraging because my impression is that Brammo Motorcycles aren't selling as well as expected, but the article implies that Brammo as a company isn't solely dependent on that.