The Brammo Buying Experience > Wanting to buy

Where can I find a 2013 R?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Richard230:
Any relatively modern IC motorcycle will get you down the road, or across the country, just fine.  My daughter rode her 1989 Suzuki GS500E 85,000 miles in just four years, including a number of trips from where she lived, north of Seattle to my home, south of San Francisco, nonstop via freeway and with no windshield (a 950-mile, 17-hour ride).  Anyone who wants to ride electric, but is concerned that they might need to travel further distances occasionally than would be practical with the current electric motorcycle technology, should consider buying a well maintained used Japanese motorcycle of 250cc or larger, in addition to a Brammo or Zero.  :)  Anything from 1980-on should work just fine and cost between $2000-$3000 and be cheap to operate and insure.

BrammoRules:
Here is the dealer locator for Brammo.  Sure you can find one somewhere!

http://www.brammo.com/store-locator/

I got mine in San Diego as soon as the huge promo started and I love my bike!  Best two wheeled purchase I ever made!

ttxgpfan:
Wow, how did I miss all these replies? Just to clarify for those who know me, I did not go a new job. I am still at the one I got back in February. But pays pretty good for what I am used too. Anyway, I thought I'd bring everyone up to speed. So Harlan of Hollywood electrics got a hold of me and even found an Eboz Special for me. I applied for credit and got denied. That pretty much took the wind out of my sails for a bit. But I went and bought a new badass computer and got a credit card for the first time in years. These will help as the biggest factor had been I hadn't had any revolving credit. Eurosports got a hold of me a second time right after I got on the boat, but having reflected on things and where I am at, and how volatile the job market still is, I just can't go there. That VFR is still for sale, but again, that is a lot of money. Sorry Brian, I do love my V-4s. But if it makes you feel better I actually DID choose the Brammo first. ;)

On Richard230's point. I actually own an '86 500 Interceptor that I have to put back together and get running. And your point is valid, but unfortunately at 6'2" those bikes you mentioned do not make for comfortable long hauls. Yes I rode my foirst 500 from Pensacola, FL to Dixmont, ME once, but I was 22 years old. I'm 37 now, and I know how it felt to ride my VFR from San Diego to Dixmont, ME. It was a whole lot better! And I was 26 when I did that. :D

What I am currently hoping is I can get some help with the ergos on my 500 and make it tolerable. It's actually too upright. The biggest issue is leg room. My 33" inseam is too cramped on that little thing. And I wanted VFR for riding from Clarksville, TN to Daytona or maybe even California. Barber is doable on the 500, but that's about it.

Thank you for all the replies guys.

Chocula:

--- Quote from: ttxgpfan on November 03, 2014, 06:28:22 PM ---I actually own an '86 500 Interceptor that I have to put back together and get running.

--- End quote ---

I went thought that this summer for my '86 500 Interceptor that had been sitting in my garage for the past 8 years.  I was really disappointed in the results from a shop that had it for most of the summer, I have ended up redoing most of what they did anyway.  If at all possible, do everything yourself.  Nobody cares more about your bike than you!  Availability of parts can be a challenge, but a lot of things are still available new and used parts on Ebay.  I will be doing a valve adjustment on mine next, as soon as the adjustment tool and new gaskets arrive.

There is a guy in Westlake Village (Keane Mack 818.575.6643) that specializes in re-manufacturing VF500C carburetors.  He does not stock the cores for the VF500F so you would have to get yours to him, but he did a fantastic job on mine for a very reasonable price of $269.  I highly recommend him, but he only does carburetors, and you have to remove and install them on the bike yourself.

I had inquired at Hollywood Electrics about a 2013 Empluse, but was told they were no longer available.  Had a 2013 Eboz been available for $12k, I probably would have bought it.  At this point, I have decided to wait on the Brammo until the 2015 specs come out, then decide on what I want and I am willing to pay.  If prices return to $19k, my fall back plan is to find a low mileage 2007 VFR800 Anniversary Edition, or just keep riding my 1986 VF500F for awhile.  If I am stuck with gas, it should at least be a V4.

ttxgpfan:
The EBoz model was an extra $1k if I remember correctly. But Harlan also said someone else was interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version