Author Topic: Rear brake switch  (Read 1508 times)

petehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
Rear brake switch
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
Hello all, I'll be getting my Brammo Enertia tonight, if all goes to plan!  In test riding it, myself and the owner realized that the brake light does not illuminate when the rear brake pedal is depressed.  I realize this is probably a switch issue and I've searched here and through the manual and can't find any information about where I should start looking to troubleshoot it.  Given that this is likely a standard part/problem, would it just be easier to take it to a motorcycle shop (I'll probably have to also have the chain replaced soon too)?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

shocker

• Ride Softly and Carry a Big Wattage
  • Enciter
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Rear brake switch
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 08:17:56 PM »
Did you check the bulb as well?

petehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »
Sorry, could have been more clear (!).  The brake light turns on with ignition and becomes brighter when the front brake is squeezed.  It does not change intensity when the rear brake is applied.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »
Yep sounds like switch, wiring, or connector.

I've got an Empulse so can't guide you where to look, but if you poke around the foot brake pedal with a flashlight, you should see the switch. On the Empulse, it bolts on with 2 small hex head machine screws and has got to be cheap to replace. First, make sure the connectors on both end are in place and that you have continuity between them (can use a cheap continuity light or cheap VOM at any Radio Shack or auto supply store).