Author Topic: Bike Show Winner! Has anyone else ever entered into a bike show?  (Read 808 times)

EurocyclesJason

• View Profile
Bike Show Winner! Has anyone else ever entered into a bike show?
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:01:54 AM »
So, my wife and I were invited to a car and motorcycle show put on my hot rod magazine and born to ride.   We were talked into entering the Empulse into the show by a friend and we WON BEST OF SHOW!   The people putting on the show said that the Empulse was the bike that everyone gravitated to and were standing around and checking out.    It was unexpected since the crowd at the show was mostly Harley guys.  They all seemed to really like the Brammo and were impressed with its power and looks.   Everyone kept asking me to start it up so they could hear it run.    I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? 

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Show Winner! Has anyone else ever entered into a bike show?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
Over the past 5 years I have entered about 12 car and hot rod shows with first my Electric Motorsport GPR-S bikes and then my Zero S models.  I brought along brochures and the business cards of the sales people who sell (or, in the case of the GPR-S, sold) the bikes.  I rarely ever received a second look at the bikes and only had maybe two people come up to me and ask questions about electric motorcycles.  They just didn't seem to generate as much interest as custom and chromed Harleys or Model T hot rods with supercharged engines.  I never even received one vote at a show.

So, congratulations on your experience Jason, it is nice to hear that the public is gaining an appreciation of electric motorcycles.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

barboo

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »
Cool Jason! Congrats.

I've never entered shows, but the bike generates a lot of positive attention at the track.
1973 Honda CL350 (For Fun)
1999 BMW K1200RS (Daily ride)
2007 Aprilia Tuono R (Street)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Wife's Track)
2012 BMW S1000RR (Race / Track)
2013 Brammo Empulse R (Race / Track / Street)

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bike Show Winner! Has anyone else ever entered into a bike show?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
Congrats!  I go to car & motorcycle events all the time and barely have time to breathe between talking to interested folks.  Haven't won a trophy yet, well done!

EurocyclesJason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
Thanks guys!   The people who were holding the show said that my bike won best of show because of all of the attention it got and it was the one bike that had a crowd around it all day.   It was a big surprise when I won, I honestly wasn't even going to enter but my friend who was showing his model A talked me in to it.   I plan on taking it to the track at the end of the month hopefully.    I hope more people start to notice and consider electric bikes as a good alternative to traditional gas powered machines. 

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
So, my wife and I were invited to a car and motorcycle show put on my hot rod magazine and born to ride.   We were talked into entering the Empulse into the show by a friend and we WON BEST OF SHOW!   The people putting on the show said that the Empulse was the bike that everyone gravitated to and were standing around and checking out.    It was unexpected since the crowd at the show was mostly Harley guys.  They all seemed to really like the Brammo and were impressed with its power and looks.   Everyone kept asking me to start it up so they could hear it run.    I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
wow.. thats awesome...

i used to not get that much attention when i went anywhere,,, but lately I've had people come up to
me and ask about my Empulse R, saying they heard about it, or read about it...

congratualtions again!!!
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-