Author Topic: Rear end replacement  (Read 2208 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
Rear end replacement
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
Last week I had my Enertia Plus serviced because the chain was rattling a lot. The new Brammo dealer in Amsterdam thought it needed to be replaced (after 6000 km, about 3700 miles !?). And while they were at it, my rear tire looked like it could be replaced too... A bit soon in my opinion but I'm not an expert and don't want to risk my safety so I let them go ahead.

Apparently there has also been some sort of recall because of the rear part of the Plus, the part that holds the indicators and the licence plate. It was replaced at Brammo's request and now it looks like this:

It's a bit awkward to photograph because of my side bags, but I think you can see the extra black construction underneath. That wasn't there before. And that big hole on the side wasn't there before either.
I hope this solves the problem that I've mentioned here before, when some bolts had gone missing and the rear almost fell off.

Anyway, the dealer took good care of my bike, even cleaned and polished it and now it looks as good as new again.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Rear end replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »
I almost caught up with you Frank, this weekend I will hit 5000 kilometers ( I am going for the most kilometers on a Dutch Brammo ;) of course)  and my chain is like new! But that is probably because I installed a chain oiler. Google for Loobman and for less than 30 euro your chain will last at least 30.000 kilometers.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:02:54 AM »
Hi Frank, Charles

I got now 7000km and the chain, and also the rear tire, looks pretty fine.
I am trying to give a chain lube every time I think it would be needed. That is not too often, every 500km I suppose.

I also mounted the new rear part. At the first time, I missed the clear silhouette, but now it looks pretty fine to me again.

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:15:17 AM »
Anyway, the dealer took good care of my bike, even cleaned and polished it and now it looks as good as new again
That was quiet a job for Reivilo ;)

The tail end replacement was done for my Enertia+ too. Some pics before and after:

My Enertia+ is in for service again. Now for the 6th cumulative week since summer holiday and still waiting for a solution.
Luckily I have some photos otherwise I would have forgotten how it looked like 8)
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »
That was quiet a job for Reivilo ;)

Hey, yours would look dirty too if you (could) actually use it some more!

Seriously though, it seems that mine is mounted differently than yours, on your pics I see the metal part that goes down to the licence plate holder on the outside, but on my pic the plastic part that goes round the tail light is visible (and has a weird hole in it). I think that mine is wrong  :(

And about the chain: I kept it lubricated as much as possible, but the problem was that it had stretched so much that it rattled against the metal cover (I think) whenever I hit a bump in the road, and also when riding really slow. I was worried that it might come off the sprockets and hit me in the back sometime soon.  :-\

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »
Jope. I also mounted it at the outer side. In that case you will not get the additonal hole  8)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Rear end replacement
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 03:38:06 PM »

And about the chain: I kept it lubricated as much as possible, but the problem was that it had stretched so much that it rattled against the metal cover (I think) whenever I hit a bump in the road, and also when riding really slow. I was worried that it might come off the sprockets and hit me in the back sometime soon.  :-

So it was already stretched beyond normal tensioning limits?
That's unusual
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Rano

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
Seems to be a rear part contest. Here is mine  ;D