Author Topic: Dutch Brammo McMeet - July 13th  (Read 6114 times)

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
Afterparty Dutch Brammo McMeet - July 13th
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »
Departure from home at 8.30. I left for Stavoren taking the shortest route, still a 50 km ride from Heerenveen. A strong headwind did drain the batteries faster than I expected, despite of my racing position (chin on the handle bar) on some occasions  8) . The batteries were on 39% when I arrived at the harbour.
I took the ferry 'Bep Glasius' to Enkhuizen - Noord Holland. Plenty time left to buy a ticket and to answer the questions of curious people. I even heard Germans among themselves: "Schau mal!"  ;D

On the ferry I tied up the rear wheel preventing any unwanted rolling. I wasn't afraid it would fall over parked on the side stand, solid as a rock.
During the trip of 80-90 minutes I charged the Enertia+ and added a 30% to the SOC.

From Enkhuizen I rode to Hoorn. I found the Empulse of Mico at the charging point Pelmolenpad in the center of Hoorn, but no Mico. I gave him a call and heared he was in the bar of hotel Petit Nord. I longed for a coffee and after a full charge of the Empulse we both went to the McDonalds. Unfortunately CBke from Antwerp had to cancel due to bad weather.
We met Frank at the charging point; he too didn't need to fill up. But I did! You could only have free charge for 1 hour, but it quited already a minute later... :(

For EV riding you need to be inventive, so Mico soon found 220-230 Volt outlet at the terrace of the Mac. Frank got his 5 meter extension cable and I could charge at a parking lot!

At 15.40 I needed to head for Enkhuizen again. I had the ferry to catch at 16.30 taking me back to Stavoren. Beautiful weather and another one and a half hour to charge on the boat.

Total travel distance was around 200 km (almost 50 km over sea). The tailwind gave me a fast ride back home. Only 17% of SOC left at the end of the day.

Nice meeting you guys face to face! Useful info and years of (electric) motorcycling experience were shared.
To be repeated.

Thanks!

MORE PICTURES HERE
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:26:06 AM by Roan »
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch Brammo McMeet - July 13th
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »
Sounds like a good ride and good meet-up. Thanks for posting all the pictures.

JeffK

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dutch Brammo McMeet - July 13th
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:35 AM »
Next time I'll ride along with you guys..

Cheers,
Jeff

(6 days on the Empulse now :)
Modifications so far:
Crash bungs
shortened chain tensioner bolts
GPS Satellite controlled chain lubrication system
Top Case