Author Topic: Sachs Rear Shock  (Read 917 times)

Roland Stone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Sachs Rear Shock
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:08 PM »
I'm a new Empulse R owner (just said Hello in the Welcome Forum), and this is the first time tapping into the wealth of useful information in this forum which had I done so before the "deed", I would have been a much better informed buyer.  Will have questions, some probably demonstrating my comprehensive electrical ignorance (bear with me), and will contribute with my own posts the time ahead. 

For my first question, - does anyone in Brammo Land know the model designation of the Sachs rear shock?  I'm a little light in the loafers (150 lbs) and would like to get a softer spring if one is available.  From the mounted position however, all I can see is "Sachs" and I really don't want to do an R & R just to check out the model type and #.
Thanks if anyone knows.

EurocyclesJason

• View Profile
Re: Sachs Rear Shock
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
Congrats on the new bike!    The Sachs part/model number for the R is 235229400, and the spring rate on the drawing shows K9 daN.   Did you buy your bike here at Euro Cycles of Tampa? (I figure there can't be too many people named Roland that just bought a new Brammo Empulse)  If so, this is Jason that you met when you picked up your bike.   I hope you are enjoying your Brammo as much as I do mine!    Feel free to contact us here at the dealership with any questions you may have, we are always happy to help in any way we can.

Thank you,
Jason

Roland Stone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sachs Rear Shock
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:00:40 AM »
Jason, - thanks for the information.  Been trying to squeez it out of home office for several days now but I'm asking so many questions lately they think I'm shooting info over to Zero(?!) so it's a chore getting past the apparent obfuscation.  And yup, - we know each other.  Was tallking to the beautiful young lady in your parts dept. today about ordering a Brammo windshield.  They're advertised, pictured on Brammo's accessories page but the word is they're on indefinite back order.  So why advertise if you don't have the product???  Whatever, thanks again for the Sachs numbers.  Maybe I can actually get a spring matching my weight from you guys.  I'll be in touch.

Roland