Author Topic: Empulse sighting  (Read 646 times)

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
Empulse sighting
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
Scott Mercer, Co-Founder and CEO of Volta Charging, a startup whose business is installing ad-supported free EVSE, has a LinkedIn profile picture containing a Brammo Empulse.

I came across this photo because I was researching Volta Charging to see if they would be adding their free charging stations to the Seattle area anytime soon.

Volta Charging has EVSE in California, Arizona, Hawaii, and Massachusetts, and as it turns out is now considering expanding to the Seattle area.  Seattle is the 3rd largest EV market in the US, generating high demand for EVSE which was not satisfied by ECOtality/Blink.  We were spoiled by the initially-free charging up here in the PNW, because EVSE pricing structures (AV charges $20/month for unlimited charging, or $7.50 per session), is one of the top complaints about public charging, besides having to carry too many EVSE membership cards, worrying about broken/vandalized EVSE, ICEing, and lack of supply.  I'm sure that the people complaining would welcome the return of free charging.
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T