Author Topic: IDEA: Eco Mode  (Read 746 times)

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
IDEA: Eco Mode
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
So I was riding a long trip trying to maximize my range and I had an idea. We have sport and standard mode why not an Eco mode. Same regen braking as sport mode if not harder (who needs the hand break lol) with the same torque delivery as the standard mode. Now the big kicker is this, make it so the throttle has some slop to it. I feel like a lot  is wasted when you do small decels and accels constantly so if there was a little bit of slop on the throttle then it would easier to keep your throttle more consistent and avoid the small decels and accels.

I doubt there is room on the ECU for it but I don't think its a bad idea. Maybe for a future model.

It's a shame we can't switch modes while riding but it be nice to be able to switch into a eco mode for a long highway run.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: IDEA: Eco Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
It's a shame we can't switch modes while riding but it be nice to be able to switch into a eco mode for a long highway run.

This is something I'd like to see.  I do a lot of freeway miles where it's congested and I'm lane splitting, then freeflowing, then congested again.  Sport mode is much better for the lane splitting, while normal mode is a bit more relaxing and easy for the free-flowing stretches.  Not a big issue, but I also don't know whether the switching-while-stopped was dictated by a technological barrier or whether it was just a firmware design choice based on perhaps a safety concern.  I'd like to see Brammo copy Zero and allow switching on the move.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: IDEA: Eco Mode
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
I too at one time wished for a little less immediacy to the throttle response. But after a bunch of miles, my fine motor control and muscle memory got tuned to an electric propulsion system with instant response. I never feel any surges when cruising at a constant speed. I also use a cramp buster devise to make the right grip more ergonomic for my arthritic hand. I can even take off at lights very smoothly by just easing on the throttle ever so slowly. In the beginning, I was snapping my head back at every light!

Now, I've come to like the precision of the throttle's response and the smoothness it has imposed on my riding style. I rode an ICE bike the other day and the throttle response was like walking in a sloppy marsh.