Author Topic: Rideout planning  (Read 1450 times)

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rideout planning
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 04:53:55 PM »
Also, make sure you do a ride on your own before running with the group so you know exactly how long you need to charge. There's nothing that can replace having that experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rideout planning
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
Also, make sure you do a ride on your own before running with the group so you know exactly how long you need to charge. There's nothing that can replace having that experience.

JeffK

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rideout planning
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 02:48:29 AM »
..EV-manufacturers introduce their technology slowly in order to maximize their profits and "milk the cow" as long as possible until the sales dept. pulls the alarm bell.
And then they gradually enhance the features and possibilities by adding technology they already have in house for years.

Don't think Bramscher thought: "Yeah, let's get into Electric Motorcycles and make a zillion bucks!"
There's too much involvement, sacrifice and devotion to be seen here. That's one of the reasons I bought the Empulse. Sure there are going to be improved models, but I'm convinced they would not the shelves for years. Just look at the development time line of the Empulse.
Modifications so far:
Crash bungs
shortened chain tensioner bolts
GPS Satellite controlled chain lubrication system
Top Case

Blue Thunder

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
I think instead the sticking point is either cost of components (HV motor controllers) or the lack of standardization for quick charging, and at least in the US motorcycles have no hope to influence quick charging adoption due to limited numbers. So we may be waiting until the SAE vs CHAdeMO spat dies down..
That of course makes sense too.

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rideout planning
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »
Right now the biggest problem with ChaDeMo is that some of them don't work with voltages around 100 V like our motorcycles.  They are all supposed to work down to 50 V but not all the station have complied with this.

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
Unless the battery capacity increases dramatically, I would rather see a higher powered on board charger rather than a CHAdeMO port. 

If there were an option for dual 6.6 kw chargers, you could charge just as fast as with a DC charger and finding a pair of J1772's next to each other is way easier than finding a DC charger.