Author Topic: New Brammo rider in Philadelphia  (Read 3987 times)

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
New Brammo rider in Philadelphia
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
Hey folks, might be jumping the gun a little since the bike is not yet in my possession, but it's all but official. I pulled the trigger on one of the Brammo Empulse R press bikes being sold on ebay by Automania out in Oregon. This Silver jawn in particular: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281490638821
I actually went back and forth between the yellow and silver, and in the end the stealth bomber aesthetic won out.

I've been riding bikes for about 10 years now, started riding track about 5 years ago. I race minis with our local MiniGP club based in NJMP and did my first big track race on my track SV when AHRMA came through in July. I binned it on the last lap unfortunately ??? My current street bike is a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 which is a terrific all-arounder, and I'm gonna try to finagle a way to keep it.

I've been following electric bikes ever since they came on the scene. Generally speaking, I'm not much of an early adopter, but something has always resonated about the idea. I remember being blown away by the initial sketches of the Empulse and eagerly waiting for the reviews to start pouring in. It took a while, but once they finally hit the market, I was in love. Wes Siler's review for the long lamented Hell for Leather website really sealed it for me. Unfortunately at $19k it's been completely out of my price range. When the Brammo fall promo came around, I called up our local dealer (Eurosports) and they had a 13 Empulse R demo in stock. I took a test ride, loved it....but still just couldn't pull the trigger. Finally seeing the press bikes come up, that was it, I could almost justify it to my wife :) Anyway, I'm seriously excited, this winter is going to be agonizing, but I can't wait to start zipping around all over the place and freaking people out with tie fighter stealthiness.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New Brammo rider in Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I miss Hell for Leather, too. One good thing about an electric bike is that you don't have to winterize it, so you can take it out for a ride anytime the weather breaks.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: New Brammo rider in Philadelphia
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
Where ya from?

Throw your info on the map at www.evfr.net

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »
Where ya from?

Throw your info on the map at www.evfr.net
The thread title is a bit of a giveaway. Will do, though once I have the bike in the garage. Still a bunch of logistics to work out and I've never shipped a bike cross country, so don't wanna jinx it.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Welcome to the club! Do you post on FZ1OA? I used to ride with those guys a lot when I was in Indiana. Ironically, none of them had FZ1s by the time I left.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
Sorry.  Reading this on tapatalk and it's small text. Welcome! Good luck!

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Welcome to the club! Do you post on FZ1OA? I used to ride with those guys a lot when I was in Indiana. Ironically, none of them had FZ1s by the time I left.
I posted there a little bit when I was learning about the bike, but I have a group of guys in Philly that I usually ride with.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Welcome to the asylum.

And don't let not having the bike keep you from posting... NONE of us had bikes for a LONG time in the beginning and we slung opinions around like they were free t-shirts at a rock concert!

Wow, looks like you got the best price ever on the Empulse! Congrats and we need photos of it in your garage, or it isn't real. Preferably with your BrammoGrin (tm) attached.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
Welcome to the asylum.

And don't let not having the bike keep you from posting... NONE of us had bikes for a LONG time in the beginning and we slung opinions around like they were free t-shirts at a rock concert!

Wow, looks like you got the best price ever on the Empulse! Congrats and we need photos of it in your garage, or it isn't real. Preferably with your BrammoGrin (tm) attached.
Heh, fwiw the price in the link is NOT what I paid. Though that would've been awesome. Pics gonna take a while, need to get it shipped over here from Oregon, but will def post once in possession.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »
Congrats on getting the bike!!

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »
Congrats on the bike!

I'm up in northern NJ and ride a Zero, maybe we can meet up sometime. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
Congrats on the bike!

I'm up in northern NJ and ride a Zero, maybe we can meet up sometime. 

Sounds good. Hopefully there's a charging station somewhere at the midway point :)

theoplus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Welcome to the Brammo family, Roma258. I am also in Northern New Jersey -near the Delaware Water Gap. Great area for riding.
Good luck with your new Empulse. I look forward to seeing pics after it arrives on the East Coast.

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:04 PM »
There are plenty of chargers between us, you can find them on Plugshare.com.  I took a 6,000 mile trip last summer on my Zero and went across the country on it the summer before.  Getting too Philly will be a snap.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »
There are plenty of chargers between us, you can find them on Plugshare.com.  I took a 6,000 mile trip last summer on my Zero and went across the country on it the summer before.  Getting too Philly will be a snap.

Ha, you're going to have to teach me some tricks of the trade. Definitely should get together for a ride next season.