Author Topic: Want to buy Eric Bostrom's 2014 Brammo Empulse R press bike?  (Read 2325 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Want to buy Eric Bostrom's 2014 Brammo Empulse R press bike?
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »
If you do, bid early and often. It's on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291327300510?forcerRptr=true&item=291327300510&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

For Sale is one of the 2014 Brammo Empulse Press Bikes.  This is the bike used by Eric Bostrom for his personal use and various press events.  See this You Tube video of this actual bike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmzHbu8XsmY
The bike has the Optional Carbon Fiber Kit and comes with both Yellow and Silver Tank Cover and Seat.
The Bike rides unbelievably well and is smooth and 'torquey' in the bends. It a Canyon Carvers Dream!
THIS BIKE COMES WITH FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Want to buy Eric Bostrom's 2014 Brammo Empulse R press bike?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
Good deal. CF goodies and two color options, nice!

csspring

• 2013 Brammo Empulse R
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »
OMG WANT!!!    :D

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
This bike has been sold, Merry Christmas to me!   ;D

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 12:22:57 AM »
Very cool! Welcome to the Brammo world!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
This bike has been sold, Merry Christmas to me!   ;D
Nice score! I bought one of the other press bikes, but this seems to be the one to get, with the CF goodies and option of swapping color schemes. Kinda jelly actually!

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
Mine was a 2013 press/engineering bike with low miles. Been a great bike! Got the carbon bits too. You'll love it. Merry Xmas.

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
Thanks, I am loving this bike so far.  Only had a chance for 2 rides since I got the registration and insurance requirements taken care of.  It was a bit chilly (at least for me) but I had to take it for a ride last night anyway.

I put a timer on the charger and tested that last night.  The plug got slightly warmer than ambient, but not enough to be concerned about, and the bike seemed to be OK with being connected to the charger when the charger gets powered on or off.  I am on a time of use plan already for my electric car, hence significantly less expensive to charger between midnight and 6 am.

The range estimation seems to be all over the place, I suspect that will just some getting used to and the trip meter combined with the state of charge might provide additional insight.

Chocula

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »
I put a timer on the charger and tested that last night.  The plug got slightly warmer than ambient, but not enough to be concerned about, and the bike seemed to be OK with being connected to the charger when the charger gets powered on or off.  I am on a time of use plan already for my electric car, hence significantly less expensive to charger between midnight and 6 am.

Chocula

Yes, no worries with a timer for the TOU plan. Been doing it for over a year.

The range estimate function has been cussed and discussed on here often. The volatility can be smoothed out by holding the throttle steady at a given speed for a few seconds and then the reading is fairly representative of what your range is at that speed. Otherwise, I find it useless other than to remind me to to be easy on the throttle when range is an issue. When trying to achieve a destination, I just make sure the range showing is never less than my goal. So it's useful in constant speed situations, not so much around cities.