Author Topic: Bonjour from Quebec  (Read 1886 times)

RickXB

• Enciter
    • View Profile
Bonjour from Quebec
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »
Hi
Im a proud new owner of a 2014 Empulse R Neodymium. The first time I heard of Brammo was in 2010-2011 when they released video of their prototype. I knew at that time that someday a would own one. When they released their final version, the price was a no go for me. In december i heard they had a huge sale & for the last year, I was asking myself which bike would replace my old Buell XB12R so I take my shot. For now, I have to wait because over here, it's winter big time! -20c . I hope to ride around April. Until then, I will rip off all the paint in my appartment wiating for that. Not sure if my wife will endure me for so long. I already order a 42T sprocket because the world is not enough ;D.

PS: I know, my english suck! ;)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Bonjour from Quebec
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:14:24 AM »
Welcome Rick and congratulations on your new bike. I can't imagine waiting for 4 months to ride it, but, man, you will surely enjoy it when April comes!

Don't worry about English: the Brammo Grin is true in any language.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum and to Brammo ownership. I know you'll love your bike for a long time. Keep the rubber side down.  ;)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

RickXB

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »
Just received it this week-end. I waited 3 month for this & by the quantity of remaining snow, I will wait another month.. >:(

RickXB

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
I have a question:
Is it harmful to store the bike in freezing condition? I saw in Owner manual that "ideal" storage temp is 0 to 20 celsius but when I check these link http://www.brammopower.com/bpm-1590-li-ion-battery-module/ it specify safe storage temp -40/+60 c

so i didn't take any chance, I stored it in the kitchen & using it as a bar stool

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »
I dont think there would be an issue as I have had mine sitting in the garage in well below freezing temps. No issues to report. Ideal storage conditions for Li-ion are supposedly half charged, and cold. This apparently limits natural battery degradation.
Nice bike BTW!

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
Congratulations on your new bike!

I think the bar stool is an excellent idea.  If you are married, your wife is definitely a keeper for letting you keep it inside.  :)

Chocula

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »
Congratulations on your new bike!

I think the bar stool is an excellent idea.  If you are married, your wife is definitely a keeper for letting you keep it inside.  :)

Chocula

+1
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 02:15:23 PM »
Fastest bar stool I've ever seen!