Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hawaii
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:15 PM »
Hawaii tax rebate. Go over to brammofan.com and check it out.

Aloha.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

akohekohe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »
I've already applied for the credit for my EVSE charger and will for my soon to come LEAF.  The big problem with the rebate is that the state only provided $1,000,000 to the rebate fund. Cars get $4,500 plus $500 for the charger so that works out to only 200 cars.  I am working to get the Legislature to increase the fund this year and I'll keep you posted and may ask for forum members in Hawaii to submit testimony in favor of any legislation in this regard.

Another benefit in Hawaii is that electric vehicles can park for free at all State and county facilities - this includes not having to feed the parking meters.  In theory this includes the airport, Aloha stadium, the Convention Center, and the University of Hawaii but the law is not widely understood.  However, the City and County of Honolulu does let you use the metered stalls for free. The University of Hawaii initially denied that they were obligated to provide free parking but they are coming around.  More on the parking issues when I get my LEAF and can "test the waters" so to speak.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, then success is sure. - Mart Twain