Author Topic: More Brammo Speculation  (Read 1299 times)

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
More Brammo Speculation
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:14 AM »
http://insideevs.com/new-years-predictions-brammo-polaris-empulse-2015-op-ed/

Cliff's notes: Polaris is going to take over production of the Empulse.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: More Brammo Speculation
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
While Ted doesn't think that Polaris would have a use for Brammo technology in their utility vehicles, I think it would work very well in their jet skis and snowmobiles.  Both of those vehicles are under heavy pressure from environmental regulators in many areas of the country.  Making them run on batteries would solve a lot of off-road access issues.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
I didn't realize those promo prices were still going on.  Crazy.  I would think that while those are great prices, people might also hesitate to buy a motorcycle amid speculation about the future of the company, and the lower prices just fuel that speculation.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
While Ted doesn't think that Polaris would have a use for Brammo technology in their utility vehicles, I think it would work very well in their jet skis and snowmobiles.  Both of those vehicles are under heavy pressure from environmental regulators in many areas of the country.  Making them run on batteries would solve a lot of off-road access issues.

I agree to a certain extent. I think the author is speculating that it's really easy to develop an electric drivetrain, and Polaris doesn't need any help. In reality it is easy to make one for demos (LiveWire), it's much more difficult to make one that will stand the test of time yet still have the specifications to sell.

BTW, Polaris no longer makes personal watercraft, but I agree that an electric drivetrain would be great for that! Snowmobiles would be great, but I wonder how much energy would be lost keeping the cells warm?

I personally hope Brammo isn't sold to Polaris. I've never been very impressed with their product line as it's always been more form than function.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:36:17 PM »
Well, my last reply was 10 minutes too early:

"Dear Sopfu,

We are pleased to share with you another exciting chapter in the Brammo story. As you will read in today’s press release. Polaris Industries, a long standing strategic partner and investor in Brammo, has acquired our electric motorcycle business. We will be writing to you in the near future with more details about what this exciting development means for you.

Please be assured that all existing warranty and service obligations relating to your Brammo motorcycle will continue to be honored.

Thank you for being a Brammo customer, we truly appreciate your faith in us and the products we create. Without you this next chapter would not have been possible.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact  customer@brammo.com

Best Wishes
Team Brammo"
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL