Author Topic: clutch oil leak stopper  (Read 2115 times)

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
clutch oil leak stopper
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:26:38 PM »
only 200 kms and leak in this point.  which can cause it?

subir imagenes

subir gif

mariobelgium

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: clutch oil leak stopper
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »
I had the same problem with my empulse.you need a different type of oil for the gearbox.dont know the exact type of oil. your brammo dealer can order the oil directly from brammo.they know about the problem. so dont worry,a  oil change solve the problem

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »
thanks I will comment. apparently the first oil is different, then put the 10w 30.
I have not checked but I thought it could be a problem over range of level.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:08:09 AM »
I have not checked but I thought it could be a problem over range of level.

That was my first thought. Early on, I remember several bikes were over filled. I'd removed the oil level screw on the right side and see if any comes out.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
Wow, that's a coincidence!

Today after 8000 kilometres and 2000 kilometres after the last oil change I have oil coming out of the breather tube too. Never happened to me before.
If it was an over fill, why would it come out after 2000 kilometres since the last oil change?
My guess is that there must have been a funny air bubble inside the gearbox to cause this.
I cleaned it up and will check if it happens again.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »
i dont checking the level yet, because i  thinking  now my motorcycle oil is different to the final, true anything for Overflow, from the 1st trip should have gone out and done 100 kms followed and nothing came, this appers at de third ride.

Maybe the type of oil is causing, kingcharles interesting to know the brand of oil you used in last change and prior.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:23:49 AM »
Did the temperature drop? I had the same problem, caused by slightly overfilling, but it didn't start leaking until the ambient temp got down to 20 degrees F.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:07:20 AM »
Once you go EV, gas is history!

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
My hand is not overfilled, comprové and did not come out of the side hole upright. If it is true that these days it's cold, but above 32 ° f or more. My opinion is that perhaps the SAE 10W 30 would rather a 10W40, now increasingly leakage and the bike has only 320 kms.
I think it grabs a lot of heat the oil and begins to evaporate and spits, as there are fewer hotter it gets. If I am right that goes against the problems is cold ambient temperatures. Tomorrow I go to the dealership and speak seriously or ask the return of the money.

It's a safety issue, I very scared thinking in turn curves on the left side.

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »
Apparently the Brammo  is solved  this problemby simply changing the oil for Bel Ray 10w 30, this is what I have. Now I just have to ride and see if this oil does not spit.

I had a bike Brammo Empulse demo for 20 days while they repaired my bike. This had motorex 10w30 and aggressive driving and cold, has not had any problems. this demo bike has now 1950 kms. the last 700 kms of mine driving.

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 06:17:10 PM »
the solution are this and not de brand of oil http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2892.0

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
this photo of today to my brammo empulse after change oil to kms now after 150 kms, and total amount 650 kms and other time

subir foto

imag

otra prueba de que el aceite no es el problema. es un problema de diseño.  I am very angry

Yarno

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 09:41:13 AM »
I had same experiense at the first ride in late autumm around that 10 C (50 F) weather.. ::) Glad to hear you didn't crash! I got oil all the way to the tire surface..

Ask your mechanic what metod did he use when putting the new oil's to the engine. If he was lazy and used the breather tube, it should be removed and cleaned from exess oil after fill up. ;) Also the level has to be checked with care.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »
I've done all my oil changes using the breather tube. Since it is vertical, I would think that any excess oil would drain down into the tranny case and not contribute to the problem. The amount of oil in the photos appears to be way more than what would adhere to the walls of the breather tube.

As to level, I drain out all the oil after it's warm; then I put in exactly one liter of 10-30W oil. I've never had a problem, though where I live it never gets below 40F and is usually 50F- 60F at this time of year. I can see if I were to use 80W gear oil, it could make the problem worse.

Also, I drive fairly slowly for about 2 miles to warm up the tires, so I'm never revving the motor when the oil is cold. (Old habits die hard!)

Since I have an early production run, I will get the warranty fix just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:01:07 AM by Shinysideup »

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
I also have used the breather tube for the last three oil changes.  I worry that the recall changes might make it more difficult to use the breather tube.  The design of the normal fill hole is horrible.  Its way too narrow and it is covered by cables.  Has anyone used some sort of filler that is narrow enough to fit in that hole?