Author Topic: clutch oil leak stopper  (Read 2114 times)

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: clutch oil leak stopper
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 01:33:43 AM »
In my case it has left oil 1l. accurate, also with oil filled by overflow. The problem is not if you put 1l or if it is filled to overflowing by the side hole. The problem is simply design. Therefore Brammo does recall.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »
I also have used the breather tube for the last three oil changes.  I worry that the recall changes might make it more difficult to use the breather tube.  The design of the normal fill hole is horrible.  Its way too narrow and it is covered by cables.  Has anyone used some sort of filler that is narrow enough to fit in that hole?

Agreed that the fill hole placement sucks.

Not having seen the replacement breather hose design, I can't imagine you couldn't still use it to fill. I'd guess they'd but a baffle at the base to keep the cold thick oil from flinging up into the tube. But it still has to breathe, so I'd think oil will drain down into the case, past the baffle.

But we will see...

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
clutch oil leak stopper
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
I just replaced the gearbox oil using the breather tube for the first time after the recall. Just take it easy pouring the oil in. No problems.

After oil started coming out of the check opening I waited a few minutes to ensure all oil dripped out of the breather tube and all excess oil dripped out of the check opening before closing the check opening.

Please note that it may be different on factory modified bikes.

Perhaps Brammo could disclose after which VIN number the bikes are factory modified?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »

This is the kit drain oil campaign, the Empulse, is just off the gearbox inside the breathing tube.