Author Topic: German Brammo dealer looking for a new dealership.  (Read 2109 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
German Brammo dealer looking for a new dealership.
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:39:33 PM »
It looks like even the biggest Brammo dealer in Germany has had to read the Polaris deal in the press.
This article shows that he is in the dark and that he is looking for a new dealership to ensure that he can keep selling electric bikes.

Not good to see this happening, he was certainly one of the most active Brammo dealers in Europe, if even he cannot get informed about the future it means the smaller dealers will be even more in the dark...

http://www.mms-concept.de/Uebergang.htm
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: German Brammo dealer looking for a new dealership.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
Comments by large dealers like that can make other dealers nervous about taking on any electric motorcycle brand in the future - unless that brand is well established, like BMW, KTM, H-D, or Polaris.  I have no doubt that once Polaris gets a new EV product into the marketplace and the dealers see how it performs both technically and in the area of sales, their confidence level will rise, along with the sales of electric motorcycles.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Charly_waffles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:30:31 AM »
I`m not really sure how his text on his website let you think he is looking for other business or even that he is afraid of anything  :o

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
Any retail dealer of any product that is in the "dark" about the company that makes their product, is going to be nervous about the future.  Information about the future is positive and the lack of it is negative. I believe this to be true for every small business that does not have complete control their market and the products that they sell.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
I`m not really sure how his text on his website let you think he is looking for other business or even that he is afraid of anything  :o
Okay, he changed the text. Now it is a lot less negative and even positive towards Polaris.

I guess this means that either he was informed by Polaris/Brammo about the future plans and is cool with them, or he also reads this forum and decided to change it himself...

Once you go EV, gas is history!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
Okay, he changed the text. Now it is a lot less negative and even positive towards Polaris.

I guess this means that either he was informed by Polaris/Brammo about the future plans and is cool with them, or he also reads this forum and decided to change it himself...

Or maybe he was just having a bad day when he posted his original comments.   ???

It can happen to us all.   ::)