Author Topic: Hope For the Enertia/+  (Read 3624 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hope For the Enertia/+
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:41:44 AM »
So is there any hope that Polaris will somehow re-release the Enertia as a Polaris bike?

Of all the electric motorcycles available to this day the Enertia is my favorite, even over the Harley Livewire. I'd love to see Polaris keep it going and continue to improve on the technology to get some more range and speed out of it. Once Brammo came out with the final Empulse the Enertia basically disappeared and that sucks.

SAVE THE ENERTIA!!!!!

Look at her, she's gorgeous!!!!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:47:22 AM by Mithion »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hope For the Enertia/+
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:46:42 AM »
Seconded!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
Hear, hear!
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »
Lol can we start a petition?

I hope Polaris releases some info soon. I think it would make sense for them to use what they already have in Brammo bikes instead of starting from scratch. I've read in several articles that that is what they will most likely do and we wil see this Victory Charger at least have something of the Empulse in it. I just hope they don't forget about the Enertia. If you look at Harley vs Victory, Victory does not have an entry level bike, the or cheapest Victory bike is like 12K, Harley's cheapest bike is around 6 or 7k. Victory or Polaris could offer the "Enertia" as an entry level bike easily.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:25:54 PM »
Victory offers luxo-boats for leisure riding and touring. The Enertia is a fine basic bike with premium components, but it doesn't fit Victory's branding and has had little sales success under the Brammo brand.

Frodus's map surely does not gather all or even the majority of sales, but there are only 3 registered Enertia/Enertia+ US owners that are not affiliated with Brammo.

The Enertia powertrain might be interesting in a small watercraft, but I don't expect to see Polaris continue production.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »
Why you gotta be so realistic lol.

An electric motorcycle does not fit Victory or Harley's branding but they are going that route. We can hope and dream :0)

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »
An electric motorcycle does not fit Victory or Harley's branding but they are going that route. We can hope and dream :0)

(Late to the game...)

I agree.  Part of riding a big, stupid-loud bike is that rumble (and, the chrome. Don't forget about the chrome).  Parking at work one day some guy rolls in on an HD and has to gun the engine right before killing it (bad for the pistons, btw).  That one time, that one guy, and at work, are not the only times and places I see HD riders do that.  Electric?  They're hoping to attract a younger segment, no doubt, more likely to wear beards "ironically" (whatever that means) who are more likely to drive a hybrid than a lifted pickup.  Victory, no doubt, wants to leapfrog HD with the Brammo acquisition.  Polaris, BTW, has been making "ebikes"  (like, electric bicycles) for a while now, branded as Polaris and not Victory, obviously.

I honestly don't expect them to keep either current Brammo model, though if they do I'd suspect the Empulse would win.  Sitting here catching up on old/random threads I've missed, I see one of a guy riding down to Long Beach and back, several charger stops along the way.  As a sporty rider, I appreciate being able to refuel in under 5 minutes and be back on the road, going wherever I want (so long as there are gas stations, which is pretty much anywhere) and being gone as long as I want.  If all pumps are taken I can wait a few minutes, get my precious dead dinos, and be on my way.  If one or both public chargers are taken far from home by someone shopping or seeing a movie, I may be sitting for quite a while until I can fill up, were I on an Empulse.  Point here: I prefer the Entertia+, esp. for commuting and small around town jaunts.  I don't have to worry about running out of juice, and finding a charging station is moot because most (at least around me) don't have 110.  The permit-only garage at work (which I don't hold a permit for) doesn't even have a single 110 outlet in it (even if I had a permit).  Fortunately, work and back can be done on a single charge, and the bike charged back up overnight.

It's a great city bike, great for what it is and has definite applications as such.  An e-sports bike, while a total hoot (I test rode both, back to back) having dependency on public chargers (and the time it takes to charge) means doing a typical weekend run as I used to, from Orange County up to Glendora Mountain Road ("fill up at the Shell station at the base before ascending") would be out of the question.  And that's no fun.  But as something that almost reaches the performance level of a DRZ-400SM, an Enertia+ is an OK replacement.

Not continuing the Enertia+ would suck.  With their marketing and brand Victory could make it a contender and stomp Zero easily, but sadly I still do not think they'll do that.

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »
Well, slap me twice and call me Sally... Victory's producing the Empulse.

No word on an Enertia derivative, but we can dream.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
Love my Enertia. Love it enough that I am buying a red one for my wife..
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.