Author Topic: San Diego’s Plan For Electric Car Stations  (Read 1384 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
San Diego’s Plan For Electric Car Stations
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »
SAN DIEGO — County and regional officials unveiled a draft plan to equip San Diego with at least 1500 electric car charging stations.
From this article.

I looked up Ecotality and their "Blink" stations, but couldn't get any specs on it.  The pictures looked like it just had the new connector for the cars like the Nissan Leaf, and not your basic 110v plug.  Still, thought it was pretty cool that they had this map:

Hmmm, now I see that the map says "level 2 EV chargers" on it. 
Come on, Brammo... give us Level 2!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: San Diego’s Plan For Electric Car Stations
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
Exactly. This is what concern's me and I've posted this thought on other places here on the website.

The new chargers that are being given away to communities by Coulomb because of Federal and State grants are Level 2 only. So, where does that leave people with electric bikes and motorcycles that can only charge on a Level 1 charger. There is talk that the Empulse will be Level 2 compatible but what about the next version of the Enertia? Even if these are level 2 capable, there are still Level 1 bikes out there now.

Finding Coke machines to unplug and steal electricity is not the way to go. People should not be made to hunt for outlets.

#47 (formerly 9 of 30)

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: San Diego’s Plan For Electric Car Stations
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
Hey, this is cool. I will be watching for these things to pop up here around town. I'll get pictures when I can.
#47 (formerly 9 of 30)