Author Topic: Harley Project Livewire Is Going International  (Read 695 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Harley Project Livewire Is Going International
« on: February 24, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Harley Project Livewire Is Going International
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
My money is on Polaris.  I think H-D's board of directors are too chicken to push the LiveWire project into the marketplace. I don't see them going that route, unless it is to make some "carbon credits" to offset their V-twin polluters. Look at what happened to Buell.  That was a great bike, well designed and had a lot going for it - until H-D dumped it in the trash. (Of course, their dealers wanted nothing to do with it, either.)  With that sort of background, what chance does the LiveWire have?   ::)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Harley Project Livewire Is Going International
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:19:43 PM »
My money is on Polaris.  I think H-D's board of directors are too chicken to push the LiveWire project into the marketplace. I don't see them going that route, unless it is to make some "carbon credits" to offset their V-twin polluters. Look at what happened to Buell.  That was a great bike, well designed and had a lot going for it - until H-D dumped it in the trash. (Of course, their dealers wanted nothing to do with it, either.)  With that sort of background, what chance does the LiveWire have?   ::)
Glad I'm not the only one that finds Harley Livewire experiment kind of embarrassing. An exercise in corporate speak and social media awkwardness, supported by a great looking bike that will never get built, with powertrain tech that was dated 2 years ago. Now in it's second year of "market research". It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Yet the mags eat that shit up.

As far as Polaris, that's the biggest subplot of 2015, imo. What to they have in stock for Brammo's motorcycle division? Polaris doesn't appear to do things half-assed. Hopefully they're in it to win it.