Author Topic: System Fault V58?  (Read 2119 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
System Fault V58?
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
Hi all,

my Enertia Plus is happily riding through the start of winter here in Amsterdam, but today it suddenly showed "SYSTEM FAULT V58" messages, on and off. After a while they went away again. It didn't need a restart, but I was a little too afraid of a breakdown to take the tunnel route to my home.
I can't find that message in the manual. Does anyone have an idea, or experienced that one before?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:48:48 AM by FrankH »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: System Fault V58?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »
It has shown up on my Enertia as "Service Req'd V58" and it's in the owner's manual as 'VCU +12V out of spec." It usually goes away with a reboot and doesn't seem to affect the performance.  Maybe one of the Brammo techs will drop in to explain.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
I've had that on and Empulse with no adverse effects on performance at all.

It is the 12VDC box that's throwing the error. My dealer replaced it and the error went away for about 3 months.

Now it's back intermittently, not as often as before. I'm tending to ignore it and just maintain my BrammoGrin (tm).

But I'm no engineer.

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »
It has shown up on my Enertia as "Service Req'd V58" and it's in the owner's manual as 'VCU +12V out of spec."

Ah yes you're right, I missed that one because my manual is falling apart in the error messages section. ;)

I think with newer firmware versions, a lot of "service req'd" messages were downgraded to "system fault", and they don't require restarting anymore.

I'm tending to ignore it and just maintain my BrammoGrin (tm).

I guess I'll do the same. Haven't seen it again yet.

Thanks for clearing that up!