Author Topic: Minor glitch  (Read 817 times)

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Minor glitch
« on: March 20, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Today when I started my Empulse R, the tack needle did its thing but the green lights indicating it was live never started to flash.  I made sure the bike was stationary, but still nothing.  I held the start button for a few seconds expecting maybe it did not "start" or that it would change modes, but still nothing.  After a couple attempts at the start button, I toggled the red kill switch then tried to restart which worked as expected.  The bike performed as expected on my ride into work.

Firmware 2.07 was installed last week.  Hopefully an isolated issue, but I wanted to make sure it got documented.

Chocula

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Minor glitch
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »
The start button will send the tach needle around and back but not light up the green lights if the kick stand is not fully up.

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
Just before my ride home, I confirmed the green lights flash or I get the "kickstand down" message when the bike is stopped but has been started..  There appears to be a single switch which detects this and changes when the kickstand is most of the way up.

I was not getting the "kickstand down" message this morning, nor were the green lights flashing.  The bike was stationary and holding the start button for a few seconds had no effect.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 02:12:22 AM »
Starting to sound like either a bad kickstand switch or wiring to it.

Have you cleaned any gunk from off the switch, taken off the wiring leads and put them back on?

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »
I am not seeing any connection to the kickstand switch which does appear to be functioning correctly.  The bike was not acting as if the kickstand were down (no kickstand down message), nor acting as if it were up (flashing green lights).  The start button was impacting the system which should start the bike if it is not running, or toggle sport mode on and off if it is running.

Chocula

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
I saw this "glitch" again this morning.  At one point, I saw an error message to return throttle to 0 when attempting to give it quite a bit of throttle, but I was not able to replicate the message after turning the bike off and back on.

After turning the bike back on the 3rd time, things worked normally.  This leads me to believe that the bike did not recognize the throttle position correctly so did not "arm" itself.  Could be a problem with the throttle itself or possibly a calibration issue.