Author Topic: Need some advice from experienced Enertia owners.  (Read 2376 times)

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Need some advice from experienced Enertia owners.
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:11 PM »
Hi I recently bought a Enertia Classic and have a few questions for you experienced experts:

1)  Is there a place to buy other color body panels specifically black or blue?  Mine came with green and white panels.

2) How do I get another key made?  I only have one.

3) Is there a way to make the fan quieter.  I have read some other past posts on fan noise but didn't see anything specific on reducing the fan noise or even if this is possible.

4) I want to use and extension cord when charging, what type should I use to be safe?

Thanks again for all your help.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need some advice from experienced Enertia owners.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
Hey jazz
Body panels can probably be obtained from Brammo, as can a key, I think.
I know the fan is loud and we always joked that the one thing that can make it quieter is ear plugs.
How long of an extension cord do you need? Basically, get the shortest one you can get by with and make sure it's the heaviest duty grounded one you can buy.

If protomech could chime in here, that would be great. He is a whiz with electrical questions.

I think the email for Brammo is something like info@brammo.com.

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
Thanks much

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »
I originally emailed Brammo thru there support request page but when you submit it you get an "Error 404 page not found" message and it says at the top "all forms are offline".  I tried info@brammo.com but still have not gotten an answer

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
1) You could go for a more or less temporary solution. Foliatec will last but can be easily removed. Finish is smooth and pressure washer resistant: ttp://www.foliatec.com/shop/sprueh-folie/sprueh-folie/135/sprueh-folie-400-ml?c=28

2) Key shouldn't be too hard to make a duplicate of. Otherwise contact Brammo as Brammofan stated.

3) The ear bleeding Delta Electronic fans can be easily replaced by much quiter ones, take a look at my mod:
http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2469.msg18899#msg18899

4) Any (10A or more) extension cord C19 - eg Schuko will do. Depends on your country/location.
http://Brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2469.msg18647#msg18647
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:15:06 PM by Roan »
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
I originally emailed Brammo thru there support request page but when you submit it you get an "Error 404 page not found" message and it says at the top "all forms are offline".  I tried info@brammo.com but still have not gotten an answer

Try send a message to BrammoService. Adam can help you out.
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
Thanks much Roan!! :)

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:44:30 AM »
I ordered a pair of Vantec Stealth SF6025L fans.  They should be here tomorrow and looking forward to getting them installed.   I will also try the rubber hose thing and possibly the headlight.   Thanks again for all the great suggestions.  If anyone has more, post them here.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »
I have learned much in past week about my original questions above.  Most of you probably already no this info but I am a newbie so bear with me  ;) 

Here's what I know now:

1) Can't get replacement key from Brammo.  I was told ignition will need to be replaced.

2) They do not have any body panels or parts for sale.  I am not sure if it due to the Polaris transition or not or what is going on. 

3) Fan replacement reconsidered.  The stock Delta fans are used for a reason.  They are noisy as hell but there is no fan on the market that has a better CFM rating, not even close for its size.  The 60mm Delta's move more air than fans 2x it's size. Most of the fans I was considering are much quieter but only about 25% as efficient at cooling which is probably not good on the Enertia which relies on air cooling.  They have to be noisy to move air that efficiently.  So for now, sticking with stock is probably the best thing to do.

4) Good quality extension cord works fine.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:11:03 AM by jazz999 »

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
Some updates from to this thread since I last posted with my new discoveries.

1)  Was able to get key made.  Yes they need to be programmed.  A local locksmith had a similar key which he cut and programmed from my one existing key.  Now I have 2  :)

2) Still not able to find body panels but I have a green and white set so I am good for now and I can always have them painted.

3) Replaced Stock Delta 60mm fans with another set of Delta fans.  I was concerned about proper CFM (airflow) and heat with new fans so I went with another model of Delta that were 20DB less but airflow 45 CFM.  No issues with charging or heat and it is very noticeably quieter when charging.

4) Still using 14 gaugh high quality extension cord -- no issues.

Main engine cooling fan is still loud but I don't think I could replace it with another that would cool the engine as efficiently.  No sure what else I could better air cool the motor, so for now loud motor fan has to stay.

I added LED light from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PNKHW4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00). I really like the improvement in brightness.  I am not sure it improves how much more I see over the stock light however, I think it greatly improves my visibility to other drivers because it is so bright even in the day time -- so that is worth it.

Thanks much
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:43:30 PM by jazz999 »