Author Topic: V78 - Real Time Clock Not Working  (Read 2220 times)

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
V78 - Real Time Clock Not Working
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
Anyone get this before? It came on yesterday and hasn't turned off since. The clock on the dash isn't working any longer (seems to revert to about 6:15am every time the bike is turned off). Is this something I should be worried about?
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: V78 - Real Time Clock Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »
That's not one that I've heard of or seen before. Might be a question for service@brammo.com
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 10:32:13 AM »
Adam PM'd me. The solution is either a software reset by the dealer, or a new VCU. I'm out of warranty, and my POC at the closest dealer (100 miles away) is leaving for another job and I am not confident that anyone else there has any training or desire to figure out how to do the update. I'm going to live with it until Victory takes over service and then get it fixed locally.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Schuh1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »
00049...Did you ever have this issue resolved? I'm experiencing the same problem, and would love to hear your feedback...especially if it didn't go smoothly.

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »
I've often wondered how the clock works.  Usually, somewhere in a system where a clock is involved there is a small battery.  I remember old desktop computers had a battery used for this purpose, sort of like a key fob CR2032 to keep the time circuit active.  There doesn't seem to be a battery in the IP from pictures I have seen when they are apart.  The earlier post seems to point to the VCU as the provider for the time you see on the IP.  Has anyone ever had one apart to see if there is a battery in it?  I think the VCU gets voltage from the main pack regardless if the bike is powered up or not.  In that case, a backup battery would not be needed.  However, I noticed that when I opened the service disconnect to do some work on my bike (which disables all high voltage, the clock time remained correct after I powered the bike back up.  Something else that requires a small battery somewhere was involved. 

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:28:15 AM »
Hmmm an interesting observation. Ive had this error on my dash since I bought my bike. I figured it was a glitch in the software that needed an update, like maybe it was a low priority item for the programmers initially and so it wasn't setup all that well.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
Any updates on this?  My bike just started doing this.  Of course its on the same day I put the bike up for sale.

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »
Try to disassemble the VCU and measure the voltage of the coin cell battery.

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=3663.0
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
Just had this message come up.
Has anyone fixed it or even taken apart the vcm or I think more likely the cluster to see?
"I'ts not me, it's the world that's crazy!" -Scott Pilgrim

Barty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 09:09:42 PM »
I just got my first Enertia last week (2012) - It has this error - V78.

I disassembled the display tonight looking for a dead coin battery. Nothing there.

Since the connector on the rear has 6 pins, I'll assume the "Always On" power for the clock is coming from somewhere else. I did see a coin battery in the VCU pictures I saw posted on this site. When I get a chance, I'll pull out the VCU and check the coin battery voltage. Since it's already 7 years old, it will get replaced regardless.

Wish I had schematics...

Time/Date/RTC may be on the VCU. I can see the case where a transmitted message to the display on power-up (Purely speculation at this point) provides this information on the display.
Brammo 2012 Enertia

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 09:55:18 PM »
Since this message/code set I have tried to reset my clock 2 or 3 times. This last time I reset it, it stopped setting this code. It will probably return but I did take my display off (at some point in the past 3 months and <300 miles) and put a healthy dose of dielectric grease on it. I haven't put a full charge on it in a week when the code stopped displaying so we'll see.

but I have had no other issues with this bike *"since I bought it" (I've posted about my charging controller issues before on this forum). And I would hardly describe this as an issue. KEEP RIDING!
"I'ts not me, it's the world that's crazy!" -Scott Pilgrim