Author Topic: EMPULSE -----what now ????????? Is it another Fisker ?  (Read 1229 times)

Dr Robert Harms

• View Profile
    • Email
EMPULSE -----what now ????????? Is it another Fisker ?
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:07:14 PM »
I own a 13  Empulse and am not sure of my options . My dealer called and informed me that they were dropped as a dealer and that  the brand and model are dead.

Firstly is this true ?

If so any ----idea about parts or technical data  aka software ?  I feel I can fix and  or build or machine anything (and do)but thats 2 and /or 4 cycle but the Brammo is a Brammo  and elctrons and code are not ca shafts.

I feel Im sort of holding a white elephant where I'm f@
caked the first time it won't start or when there are software gremlins.

Any ideas ??? The value of the bike on a trade is zip. Disassemble it and sell the parts and then install a  Hd motor ? If the dealer is correct, the bike is as big a loser as the Fisker where bob lutz now installs Chevy motors.

Anyway is cheap, it's in tampa and has multiple upgrades like on board charging system , upgraded seat and paint etc an has the massive total of 377 total miles. Doc fcorp1 (at)tampabaydot rr dot com eight 139261426

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EMPULSE -----what now ????????? Is it another Fisker ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
How do you define "cheap"?  What exactly was done to upgrade the charging system? Pictures?

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
They are currently transferring service and support to Polaris dealers:

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2970.msg21827#msg21827

Email the link in that posting for more information on your situation.  Eventually we should have more service options available, but there may be some dead time in some areas during the transition.
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »
Holy delayed reaction Batman :) Your bike is fine, the brand was bought out by Polaris which has a much wider dealer network and logistical capacity. They've promised parts and (presumably software) support and just announced a bad ass IOM TT racer based on your motorcycle. Have some pride man!   ::)

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »
I own a 13  Empulse and am not sure of my options . My dealer called and informed me that they were dropped as a dealer and that  the brand and model are dead.

Firstly is this true ?

If so any ----idea about parts or technical data  aka software ?  I feel I can fix and  or build or machine anything (and do)but thats 2 and /or 4 cycle but the Brammo is a Brammo  and elctrons and code are not ca shafts.

I feel Im sort of holding a white elephant where I'm f@
caked the first time it won't start or when there are software gremlins.

Any ideas ??? The value of the bike on a trade is zip. Disassemble it and sell the parts and then install a  Hd motor ? If the dealer is correct, the bike is as big a loser as the Fisker where bob lutz now installs Chevy motors.

Anyway is cheap, it's in tampa and has multiple upgrades like on board charging system , upgraded seat and paint etc an has the massive total of 377 total miles. Doc fcorp1 (at)tampabaydot rr dot com eight 139261426

Easy Dr. Doom and Gloom. You may just be sitting on an instant classic. I'm not heartbroken about the dealership issue I'm going through as well. It may be a little inconvenient at the moment but that will be resolved. So relax and enjoy the ride
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 07:10:38 AM »
I for one would love to own an empulse,I'd jump at the chance for $10k Canadian,it would meet my riding needs and I can save up for a longer distance bike down the road,I have a little more faith in the brammo than the zero of the same vintage

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:31 AM »
You should check out this post.

In it, Brammo explains the current state of Brammo bikes and the service network.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

JeffK

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 10:39:07 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much, my dealer is now Victory dealer too, and with the new Victory IoM racer it only takes a headlight, license plate and indicators to make an awesome street bike...

Check out the BRAMMO badge on the fairing
Modifications so far:
Crash bungs
shortened chain tensioner bolts
GPS Satellite controlled chain lubrication system
Top Case

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »
I own a 13  Empulse and am not sure of my options .

Haha your options are:

A.) Keep riding and enjoying the bike.
B.) Sell the bike.
C.) PANIC AND RUN AROUND WAVING YOUR HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD WHILE YELLING.

Pretty sure B is a bad idea specifically right now, during the transition.  If you don't have to do it for financial reasons, personally I'd hold onto it.

While you are more than welcome to choose C, it sounds like it would be slightly tiring after awhile.

So . . . why not choose option A?  You own an amazing, fun, relatively rare bike.  Why not continue to ride and enjoy it?  If you're that worried about the resale value tanking -- is a 2013 Empulse with 377 miles going to be worth any substantial amount more than a 2013 Empulse with 1000 or 2000 miles?

Ride the damn thing.