Author Topic: hello from blacksburg  (Read 1691 times)

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
hello from blacksburg
« on: May 28, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »
Hello,
     I figured it was about time I joined officially as I've been coming here for information for the last year or so.  I've had my Empulse R since august 2013 which I've done some very minor modifications to, however my main purpose for joining is that I'm planning on putting her on the track shortly.  So anything people want to reccoment that I do, or definitely don't do as I'm prepping for the track would be appreciated.  I will do my best to log what I learn from the experience. 

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hello from blacksburg
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum! Arthur Kowitz is a member here and would be a great source. There are several other racers here, too. I hope they all chime in.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »
Yes, I've already been talking to him.  Thanks for the hospitality!

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
hello from blacksburg
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »
Is this John? Welcome to the forum bud! About f-ing time!

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
It is haha.  As far as I know im still the only brammo in blacksburg.  There are 2 older zero ds's but thats it.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
Welcome, how's the riding out in Blacksburg? Gotta figure there's lots of ebike friendly loops available.

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
It is quite good being up in the mountains and near the New River.  Gravel is frequently an issue, I've got a few ~60 mile loops or so that I like to do plus my 25 minute commute.  I tend to find 60 miles of very spirited riding usually gets me down to about 10% but I've seen just over 100 being super careful.  One of the things I'm planning on changing in the near future is switching the regen values from normal mode and sport mode so that in sport mode I dont lock the rear tire as much and then normal mode becomes more of an eco mode.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
Welcome John!

Before you switch regen values (I have no idea how you would do that!), you may want to consider the solution of building more finesse into your throttle hand so you don't lock the rear tire as much.

The reason I'm offering this is that several of us on here have found the more aggressive regen of sport mode has increased our range over normal mode (IF we don't accelerate too hard in sport mode!)

Also, if you've been lurking here awhile, you've probably run across this thread already, but, just in case you haven't:

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2653.msg20846#msg20846

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
I definitely agree on the increased range in sport mode due to the increased regen.  Thats why I would want that heavier regen in normal mode.  Of course just getting better at riding would help keep me from locking the rear but that what track time is for right :P

I actually hadn't seen that thread before but it is a really great write up thanks for sharing it!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:40:44 PM by vtbrammorider »

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 07:18:11 AM »
So during my track preperations I have been working on making a list of plugs available at various tracks.  Currently it is very short but as I go more places it should grow.  This may be its own thread later.

NCBIKE/NCCAR:
At each rv site you get
240V 50A NEMA 14-50
120V 30A NEMA TT-30
120V 20A NEMA 5-20×2

Summit Point both circuits
Pit lane
2x J1772 L2 (clipper creek) 48A
3x Tesla L2 chargers (unsure of current available) but probably 50A

At each rv site
240V 30A NEMA 14-30
120V 20A NEMA 5-20x2