Author Topic: Enertia in Chicago area  (Read 1467 times)

EmpulsiveAndy

• View Profile
    • Email
Enertia in Chicago area
« on: May 29, 2015, 06:22:02 AM »
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Moved from Ashland Oregon to the Chicago area and now a motorcycle doesn't work with my small apartment living situation. Apologies for the wall of text in the CL ad but I wanted to give a sense for how nice this bike is. If you live in the Midwest, have a look.

Thanks,
-Andy

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/5047504970.html

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Enertia in Chicago area
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 06:32:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Sorry that your new place won't work for your Enertia. The only issue I have with the ad is the claim that it can go over 70mph. Unless it's modified somehow, I've never heard of one that could go over 65.

Best of luck to you!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
FWIW, I am about 15 minutes from the seller. If anyone from out of town wants an independent view, feel free to hit me up.

You sound pretty battery savvy. What brought you to Chicago? You're not at ANL, are you?

GLWS
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

EmpulsiveAndy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
Good point Brammofan, I've never topped out my Enertia and the only one I had was a hopped up test bike. Mine has a stock drive train so if you guys are seeing 65mph range, that's what mine will also do. Maybe I'll take it out today and see what she'll do on the highway. I've been daily reposting to Craigslist so my next repost i'll update this (leaving the link in previous post up for ease of clicking).

00049, I'm in Chicago now because I wanted to work with my brother who also does engineering work. Unfortunately not quite as exciting as Argon, but I work with at least one guy from there; sharp dude.

Yes, 00049 if you'd like to come out and take the bike for a test ride just for funsies, give me a call. I'll be in the area today, although it's looking a bit drizzly.

Thanks fellows,
-Andy