Author Topic: Do you have any PrOsPeCtiVe New Owners Advice?  (Read 1173 times)

miveg

• Ride it like its stolen!
    • View Profile
Do you have any PrOsPeCtiVe New Owners Advice?
« on: April 13, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
I am a prospective buyer of a 2014 Brammo Empulse R and was hoping that this site would have some basic information.

I am also interested to know if anyone has compiled a year by year specs and model year performance changes.

Does anyone have any warnings for new buyers?  buyer beware? 

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you have any PrOsPeCtiVe New Owners Advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 12:50:59 AM »
Brammo Empulse was produced in only two versions, which differ in the type and power of the electric motor and the type of front forks. Brammo Empulse R is a more powerful variant with fully adjustable front forks compared to Empulse non R.

Before buying, I would recommend downloading the data from the flash drive under the saddle and analyzing it using a LOG file converter. You will learn a lot about the health of batteries and other electronic components.
It is also important to check that no coolant is leaking from the electric motor. Check it from the outside or after removing the plastic side cover of the engine. Under the cover, everything should be completely clean. Also check the lower part of the gearbox for oil leaks. The inspection of other mechanical parts is the same as for classic motorcycles. I would focus mainly on checking the wear of the chain and both sprockets.

The disadvantage of this amazing bike is that Brammo no longer exists, so it no longer provides any service support.
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

EV promise

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:17:50 AM »
Hi, I've owned my 2014 bike, I bought from a dealership in Germany sight unseen, since last November and am very pleased with it. I've added 800mls, I owned a similar electric bike a couple of years ago briefly so knew what the expect.  Range is less as battery is smaller. If you live in colder climate be aware the battery heats itself to 11
Brammo Empulse R 2014
Aprilia Shiver 900 2018
Ducati 750SS 1997

JeffK

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
also double check rear wheel bearings and steering head bearings, as they are wearing faster than on any other bike I've ever owned
Modifications so far:
Crash bungs
shortened chain tensioner bolts

Top Case