Author Topic: Grooved pavement ride  (Read 1618 times)

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Grooved pavement ride
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:48 AM »
There has been ongoing construction on the roads I use to commute to work. I have found alternate routes to avoid the construction delays. The roads are now grooved pavement,which I expect will be covered with smooth blacktop soon.

In the meantime, I decided to give the grooved pavement a try. On my first ride, I could feel my wheels catch randomly on certain grooves which made the ride feel odd. I tried to keep using the handlebars to make slight corrections, but it did not seem to help.

I read online that you should ride with a loose grip on the handlebars, grip the bike with your legs and try to keep steady by using your body and allowing the bike to “go with the flow” in a generally straight pattern.  I tried this using this technique with the Enertia and the technique worked well.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:45:59 AM by Phantom »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grooved pavement ride
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
Thanks for the tip, Phantom.  I haven't had to deal with that around here, yet.  I did, however, just about get shaken off the bike when I rode over one of those steel plates in the road this morning.  OUCH.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki