Author Topic: won't charge -- problem solved, and new Bay Area service center.  (Read 1400 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: won't charge -- problem solved, and new Bay Area service center.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »
I wonder if I'm getting this same problem.

My bike stopped charging at the Level 2 charger at my office on Thursday, but the Level 1 charger still worked at home. I was able to charge to 100% and make it to work. When I got back home on Friday, and tried to charge with the Level 1 charger, that failed to work any more.

Can anybody tell me how I can see if the connectors had melted? Or is the only way to to take the bike to the service department to take a look?
Richard #935 #595 #44

Seal

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »
You solved your problem?

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
I wonder if I'm getting this same problem.

My bike stopped charging at the Level 2 charger at my office on Thursday, but the Level 1 charger still worked at home. I was able to charge to 100% and make it to work. When I got back home on Friday, and tried to charge with the Level 1 charger, that failed to work any more.

Can anybody tell me how I can see if the connectors had melted? Or is the only way to to take the bike to the service department to take a look?

I remember when mine did this, it was one of the cooling fans for the onboard charger needed to be replaced. At the time nobody could do the work so Brammo sent me the replacement fan and so I changed it myself.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Dietmar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 12:33:39 AM »
Hi Adan

In regards to those connectors - can you please confirm they are inside the onboard charger assembly or the ones on the Charger adapter plugs.

If inside the Charger assembly - any trick to get it off without removing the back wheel assembly ?

rgds

Dietmar