Author Topic: Grattan track weekend  (Read 2502 times)

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Grattan track weekend
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »
I wanted to start this off with my Empulse averaged 29mpg this weekend!  *insert plug for tracks to have proper infastructure here.*

Overall good weekend, first time at Grattan with SBTT.  It was super slippery in the morning due to COLD and some brand spanking new pavement in turns 2 and 3 but a very technical track and lots of fun.  Once the track started warming up and speeds picked up ground clearance became an issue again with the pegs.  I want to look into the woodcraft rearsets and see if there is some way to make a kickstand feasible.   

One of the nice things about it being cold was the batteries stayed cool, I only had regen cut out towards the end of the days and was able to charge at full power for most of the day.  Considering doing a battery cooler with a window ac unit for charging (I think I saw Arthur with one at some point???)

Anyways, saw 113 indicated on the straight my draw per 20 min session was anywhere between 30 and 55% depending on if I went hard on the straight or not or if there was a flag. I would get about 15% back between sessions (yes I skipped some) and ended up getting 165.2 miles in on the weekend.

Upgrade list for the off season:
Got to 40T sprocket
Build a battery cooler
Rearsets

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grattan track weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
Sounds like a great weekend!  I'm assuming that the mpg was due to you having to run a gas-powered generator?

I hope you can update the post with photos and/or videos of your bike.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
^yes, waiting on the pics to come in from the photographer.

dbsuperbiker

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
yes, chilling the battery boxes and nearby frame, etc helps hold off the regen cutback.
It's a bit of trouble, yet effective.
...kinda like everything else in life  ::)