Author Topic: Slippery foot pegs  (Read 977 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Slippery foot pegs
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:27:57 AM »
Hi,

When riding in the rain (happens too often lately) I find that I lack a bit of grip with my boots.
Anybody experienced the same?
Any recommendations for more grippy pegs?
Thanks.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
Re: Slippery foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
Cannot guarantee it'll be a perfect fix, but: skateboard deck tape.  I applied it in the past to metal brake levers on my mountain bike, the adhesive stuck well.  A foot of it is way more than you need and should only cost a few dollars at your local skate shop, they may have different 'grit' levels, so check when asking for it.  Worse case: contact cement and emery cloth.  I'm about to do this to my Enertia+.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Slippery foot pegs
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »
Try this. 

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Or a section of an old bicycle inner tube held on with some tie wraps. Not exactly slick looking, but then I'm a function-over-form kind of guy!

I haven't noticed this to be a problem, so I wonder if maybe your boot soles are extra hard?

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
Cannot guarantee it'll be a perfect fix, but: skateboard deck tape.  I applied it in the past to metal brake levers on my mountain bike, the adhesive stuck well.  A foot of it is way more than you need and should only cost a few dollars at your local skate shop, they may have different 'grit' levels, so check when asking for it.  Worse case: contact cement and emery cloth.  I'm about to do this to my Enertia+.
That's a good idea, I will give it a try!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
Or a section of an old bicycle inner tube held on with some tie wraps. Not exactly slick looking, but then I'm a function-over-form kind of guy!

I haven't noticed this to be a problem, so I wonder if maybe your boot soles are extra hard?
Also a nice idea, but I prefer to keep the looks of the bike...
I compared my pegs with the passenger footpegs today and it looks like the passenger footpegs are less worn.
So I guess the bottom of my boots are the cause of the pegs getting less grippy.

Maybe I could swap footpegs with the passenger footpegs and see if it helps.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:45 PM »
I compared my pegs with the passenger footpegs today and it looks like the passenger footpegs are less worn.
So I guess the bottom of my boots are the cause of the pegs getting less grippy.

Hmm... reminds me of the Simon and Garfunkle song:  "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes." That would certainly wear down the pegs!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 02:50:03 AM »

Hmm... reminds me of the Simon and Garfunkle song:  "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes." That would certainly wear down the pegs!
Lol
Well, that would explain why the boots were so expensive...

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »

Lol
Well, that would explain why the boots were so expensive...

These boots are *not* made for walking! ;)