Author Topic: Rear compartment question  (Read 2279 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rear compartment question
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:38:39 PM »
Has anyone thought about installing one of those boxes on their rear "shelf" and wiring the tail, brakelight and turn signals to lights on the box?  I'm thinking about it and just wondered what y'all thought.  The box would be something like the photo, attached, but with wire-able lights.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rear compartment question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »
I was thinking that more rectangular box about the same width as the shelf would look more natural on the back. I like the style of the convex storage lid.

I am considering the location right under the shelf for a small storage box, as long as it would not interfere with the rear wheel at all.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
Has anyone thought about installing one of those boxes on their rear "shelf" and wiring the tail, brakelight and turn signals to lights on the box?  I'm thinking about it and just wondered what y'all thought.  The box would be something like the photo, attached, but with wire-able lights.

Yes, yes, yes. I've been looking at the bike trying to figure out how to do this as well. I don't think it can be done as the bike is. Well not in a secure way. I was also was looking at these hard shell side compartments below. Only $40 with lights in them.

I was thinking that you world have to put some strips of metal or aluminum up from the sides of the back of the bike and build a kind of structure to attach a trunk. I really think the Enertia needs better storage options since the bike would be far more useful as a tool for errands like groceries and the like.

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
I was thinking that you world have to put some strips of metal or aluminum up from the sides of the back of the bike and build a kind of structure to attach a trunk.

Do we have any information about this on the Police version of the Enertia ?

http://brammofan.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/hong-kong-police-stealth-squad/

CBke
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:54:10 PM by CBke »
CBke

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »
Never saw the photo of that police bike. That was very cool looking and what a wild color scheme. But the best part for me was seeing those hard shell side compartments.