General > Trip Reports

Jennings GP track day report

(1/1)

vtbrammorider:
Headed down to Florida to get a bit of practice in for next year's Emoto Racing serries.  While I was down there I was validating some changes/tricks for a more better electric track experience.

Woodcraft racing rearsets:
Finally said goodbye to grinding hardparts.  600$ is hard to swallow for a set of pegs but they definitely work.  In conjunction with this I switched to GP shift as well.  I'm still getting used to it but I think it's think it's the way to go for a track only bike.

Air conditioning:
I brought a window ac unit to help keep things cool and maximize my charging.  Also chilled the bike before the mock race.  If you do one thing at the track do this!  It makes your batteries happy in the heat.

With all my other changes I decided not to swap rear sprockets as I was only hitting 100 on the back straight.  I'll have to try out one of the tracks up north in the spring to see if the 36T will let me beat 113 which I hit at grattan.

Over all great weekend hanging out with Arthur and Kyle who's electric R6 is a really well built bike.  I got a chance to take a few laps on it and hit 107 (vs my 100) so my opinion is that it is faster than a stockish brammo.  The icing on the cake was the mock race which I didn't lose!!!

dbsuperbiker:
It was a good weekend...good weather and a chance to meet and share with fellow ebikers. The track is grippy and flowing.
A good time was had by all.

Anyone looking for a break from northern weather, we will do this again Jan 10 and 11.
JenningsGP in Florida.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version