Author Topic: HOW TO: Communicate with your Brammo (Via CAN) and what I have done with it  (Read 5290 times)

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
I had some thoughts around putting a small high C rated pack in parallel with a main pack to boost the peak current ratings of a given system however it would require its own BMS and I'm not really sure what the balancing implications would be.  Bolt 2 was 2 parallel strings of the same cells and that was difficult enough, Im sure mismatched capacity and even chemistry systems would be even more of a nightmare.

Athlon

• Enciter
    • View Profile
today I ordered the battery for adding 3kwh to the empulse , the pack will have is own BMS and in case of problem it will autodisconnect from the main pack.

Battery are low C , high capacity (Panasonic NCR18650B or LG INR18650 MJ1 )  , i'm more interested in extending the range than improving the performace.

Pack will be a 10p28s placed under the seat between the end of the charger and the license plate.  Battery box is strong enough to work also as support for rear luggage box

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
today I ordered the battery for adding 3kwh to the empulse , the pack will have is own BMS and in case of problem it will autodisconnect from the main pack.

Battery are low C , high capacity (Panasonic NCR18650B or LG INR18650 MJ1 )  , i'm more interested in extending the range than improving the performace.

Pack will be a 10p28s placed under the seat between the end of the charger and the license plate.  Battery box is strong enough to work also as support for rear luggage box
Awesome! Would love to hear an update once it's installed.

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email

[/quote]
Awesome! Would love to hear an update once it's installed.
[/quote]

Yes! a build thread with pictures would be pretty sweet.  How heavy is this new pack you're putting on?

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Updated eco mode to 90% torque (about the original sport mode) and 0 regen in preparation for Road America in the event my hot mode runs too hot there.

Sport mode still has 12% regen.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
I would love to see a low torque / high regen mode for maximizing range. How complicated is the procedure for making these adjustments? Also can you adjust throttle response?

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
It isn't that hard. You have a normal mode, and a sport mode with each their own regen setting and max current (i.e. low torque). Haven't played with throttle response, but it's there.

Might dig into it this weekend a little with the adapter and DVT software I've got.

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
I would love to see a low torque / high regen mode for maximizing range. How complicated is the procedure for making these adjustments? Also can you adjust throttle response?
You can adjust throttle response but that doesn't get rid of the driveline backlash.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Backlash isn't my concern. I feel an eco mode for cruising on the highway (the place you truly need eco mode) would benefit from a sloppier throttle so you aren't wasting precious watts on constant small fluctuations of the throttle.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Yeah, I think for me I'd want:
  • Sport Mode with max current limit and 12-15% regen
  • Eco mode with low current limit (less than now) and near 0% regen