Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Plus

Dashboard issue

(1/2) > >>

FrankH:
Last Friday, my beloved Enertia+ started acting up again. This time it's the dashboard. When it starts, all lights are on and the display is backlit (but not always with the all pixels on black as it should). Then after a few seconds, the dash looks like the picture below:

Note: this one was taken with the kickstand down so that indicator should be lit.

The bike rides like nothing's wrong, but after another while it will look like this:

That's everything OFF, including the green flashing leds on top. Except for the speedo needle.

Funny thing is, that earlier this fall, it was just the other way round (the speedo needle would be stuck on 0 while all other displays were working just fine).

It's kind of scary to ride the bike with no information whatsoever on SoC, motor temp, or possible error messages, but I do it anyway.

Any ideas? I suspect the cold (it's around freezing point here) and the fact that it seems not to be exactly waterproof, judging by the ever-present condensation behind the glass.

Another (related?) thing is that the horn also often doesn't work. But that started a longer time ago.

Brammofan:
Where are you located? It's probably going to be a Victory/Polaris thing.

jazz999:
Check the connector, make sure it is not damaged, dirty, corroded or not connected all the way.

FrankH:
I've been riding my Enertia+ for a few days without a working dashboard. Sometimes the speed dial was the only thing working, other times it started alright but went off again after a few minutes. So I decided to take it off and open it, to try and drain all the water out of it.

Before I took it off, I tried it one last time and this time ALL lights came on, only the LCD stayed empty and the speed dial didn't move. And the lights never went off again. So something's definitely wrong with the electronics.

It was quite easy to screw it off and open it, and sure enough there was a lot of moisture inside:

I dried it all but that hasn't fixed it yet. I hope keeping the board inside for a while lets the remaining moisture evaporate.
If that doesn't help I'll need to get a replacement I'm afraid. But this one already was a replacement because the original dashboard was all fogged inside.
So whichever dashboard goes back on my bike, it will have to be thoroughly waterproofed first.

Chocula:
Place in a sealed container, covered in uncooked rice for a few days.  That is an excellent way to pull moisture out of electronic devices.

Hope you get it working!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version