Author Topic: That prevents you from going to more speed ?  (Read 871 times)

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
That prevents you from going to more speed ?
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:59 PM »
Last January 16 was one year my Empulse E1. It has 12700 kms . and now that we have some more information , such as battery temperature , I wonder , what is the factor that keeps the bike in winter can'nt take the maximum speed than you can get in the summer?
The colder typically less speed , but that is the factor that prevents this ?
If for example, for 5 ° C, 70 % SOC , I warm up battery before get going at  BTH 20  and at 7 kms . entered the highway , I begin to pick up speed as max. 120 km / h appears S56 red light battery , regulated accelerator, and so on until after 12 kms i leave the highway, the SOC always above 30 % BTH 23ºC. You may not take enough engine temperature? gets excess cooling temperature engine ?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:11:54 PM by katacrak »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: That prevents you from going to more speed ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

Last January 16 was one year my Empulse E1. It has 12700 kms . and now that we have some more information , such as battery temperature , I wonder , what is the factor that keeps the bike in winter can'nt take the maximum speed than you can get in the summer?
The colder typically less speed , but that is the factor that prevents this ?
If for example, for 5 ° C, 70 % SOC , I warm up battery before get going at  BTH 20  and at 7 kms . entered the highway , I begin to pick up speed as max. 120 km / h appears S56 red light battery , regulated accelerator, and so on until after 12 kms i leave the highway, the SOC always above 30 % BTH 23ºC. You may not take enough engine temperature? gets excess cooling temperature engine ?

In summer the engine temperature may rise to 90 ºC in the same track , and maximum speed 190 km / h . the BTH 40ºC.
Maybe by covering / wind protection of the battery will make it keep warm during riding.
The battery cools too much from riding in the cold weather.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 06:11:05 AM »
BTH 23ºC is not too low, if the target are 20ºC for start running well.....

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
BTH 23ºC is not too low, if the target are 20ºC for start running well.....
Better to keep an eye on BTL in winter and BTH in summer.

Cells on the left and right sides of each module will be lower temperature due to airflow while riding. I think that the temperature sensors are more inside the module.

But maybe someone with more information on the sensors can comment on this.
Once you go EV, gas is history!